Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Craigslist anomalies

I'm sure we all have those craigslist ads locally that absolutely drive us nuts.  I thought I would share this one as it's been in our local craigslist for about 3 years now. If so inclined, please buy this so I don't have to see it on my craigslist feed any longer.

Austin Strat Pickup

That dude kills me. He's been trying to sell some used Chinese tubes for about the same price you can buy them new for the past three years, too. 

I think the worst, though, is the fact that he bumps his ads every few days and renews them when they expire, so you can't regularly block him.

18 minutes ago, Lockbody said:

That dude kills me. He's been trying to sell some used Chinese tubes for about the same price you can buy them new for the past three years, too. 

I think the worst, though, is the fact that he bumps his ads every few days and renews them when they expire, so you can't regularly block him.

Don't forget the american made Ampeg Solid State amp.  Also for sale for at least three years.

One dealer here would repost his shit - like 50-60 items - every few days knocking everybody else off the first page. That gets real old real fast.

2 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

One dealer here would repost his shit - like 50-60 items - every few days knocking everybody else off the first page. That gets real old real fast.

We get that every week here with our local used PA dealer.  In Atlanta, piano dealers are the culprits.  Who knew pianos were so popular?  They also post as individuals, not dealers so you can't filter them out. 

Here's one that trips all my Po'd buttons. PLEASE don't tell me or show me anything about what you are selling. It makes it so much easier to not contact you.

electric guitar - $500 (Anchorage)

condition: excellent
delivery available

There's a colossal dickweed on the Raleigh CL who posts/bumps the same eleventeen fucking pianos SEPARATELY every 2-3 days...for years. He could easily post a single ad with the whole lot in list form like any reasonable human being. But, no...he lists each one separately...ad infinitum. Damn asshole. 

Then there's a dude probably 10 miles from my house who's been hawking the same square neck dobro and Fender Duo Sonic at pipe dream asking prices for at least four years now. He obviously cannot muster enough brain cells to buy a clue. 

That said, CL still delivers. I scored a minty Wampler Pinnacle Deluxe v2 this week for an even bill. Couldn't beat that on Reverb, pianos and all. 

There are a couple of forms of revenge available. 

You can flag the item.  I suppose the purpose of that mechanism is that if enough people complain, Craigslist will do something about it, or maybe the poster just gets an automated email each time someone flags it.  You can obviously just send the lister a response.  Everyone loves to be told they're being a dick.  You can post a retaliation add with the same header and verbiage and tell the lister publicly they're doing it wrong.  Or you can send it to the hall of fame, "best of craigslist" where the listings will live on as fodder for internet forums and memes forever.

Quick Craigslist guitar story:

I once bought some kind of special edition Epiphone Les Paul model here.  Pretty yellow quilted top; nice.  $200 ish.  Sold it on Craigslist a couple years later.  $200 ish. Saw it hanging on the wall of my local mom and pop shop a couple years after that (I recognized the aftermarket pups).  $699.  It sold.  How about that?

Archived