Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NUGD- Lynch Kami

diablo175

Per my post in News From the Bench- picked this used, clean LTD GL200K up on a whim last week. Guy was unloading it and hard case for cheap on FB Marketplace and I whittled him down to tree fiddy plus 20 for shipping. Have always dug the Lynch Kami graphic and the reversed 'Nana head stock is always on point for my tastes. I also noticed the addition of the toggle switch which pushed it into range of consideration for an at-work beater ax. Just something to knock around on in between classes or to bring to Guitar Club. If it got damaged or even nicked, I wouldn't be nearly as distraught as if the same had occurred to a beloved Hamer,  HEL or the myriad CS axes.

Not  a bad lil' ax for $350. Chinese-made, basswood body, maple neck, rosewood board, Extra Jumbo frets, Floyd Special, ESP designed p'ups (which were replaced by previous owner for an SD SH-14 Custom 5 and a Dimarzio Chopper in the neck). The PO was kind enough to drop some Schaller strap locks in it, which was greatly appreciated given 98% of all my guitars are similarly equipped and thus, all my straps are Schaller equipped, as well. The POS Floyd Special came out for a proper Lock Meister, along with a Tremol-No which came out extra REAL quick. The bridge p'up also got outta there for a Bare Knuckles WarPig. Changed the entire vibe (and my opinion) of this ax. Now it plays and sounds great and despite the absence of a 23d and 24th fret ;) will serve my needs well as an "at-work ax".  Look out, kiddos- time to learn some 80's shred!  🤣

image.png

2 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Looks like fun.  How many Dokken or Lynch Mob songs does your band already play?  How many more are they going to have to play? 

None and none. ;)

Sadly, the range of my former vocalist was ill-suited for a lot of the hair metal standards like Dokken, Ratt, earlier Motley Crue, etc. If the new iteration of the old band gets a singer who can handle this stuff, It's Not Love and Into The Fire are going on the set list real fast!!!  :D 

Then I'll need to find someone who can actually handle Lynch's solos. :P

3 hours ago, RobB said:

That's an odd-looking camouflage pattern. Did the Imperial Japanese Navy intend to hide their planes in sock drawers?

Cool guitar!

I don't profess to be anything close to an expert on WW2 combat aircraft but one could accurately say I'm keenly interested in the subject and damned if I've ever seen anything remotely like that pattern. And I've looked. Still, it makes for an eye catching motif on stage so, I'm okay with that.

Would love to have gotten one of the ESP red, white and blue version or the green,  yellow and orange versions. But only if they had a maple neck, 24 frets and a toggle... and without that stupid saw blade head stock. 🙄

image.png

1 hour ago, scottcald said:

Looks cool and way better than that newer one with the saw blade headstock. 

WORD! 🤮

image.png

My old one-off custom-order Kami from circa '87 was only good at "camo" if you were trying to hide in a Pacific surf shop of the era, or maybe an Enuff Z'nuff concert.

Image may contain: guitar

Image may contain: shoes

Image may contain: shoes and guitar

46 minutes ago, Jeff R said:

My old one-off custom-order Kami from circa '87 was only good at "camo" if you were trying to hide in a Pacific surf shop of the era, or maybe an Enuff Z'nuff concert.

Image may contain: shoes

Image may contain: shoes and guitar

Yeah but that is super badass! Love it!

On 9/2/2019 at 3:28 PM, Ed Rechts said:

Once again I find myself fighting those Owsley acid flashbacks, but it looks to me like a sequential montage of Donald Trump going down on Stormy Daniels

trump_.jpg.7e131059cdfc04da7928f7bbd18241f5.jpg

It does, indeed. and he was probably thinking at that moment that it was "Yuge."

spacer.png

Archived