Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA, a Monaco Superpro at a GC near me UPDATE

Ha!  I had nearly an identical experience during the holidays last year with a local GC while trying to by a pair of used M-Audio BX8 D-2's.  Both pairs were rated "Excellent" by their highly trained, 16 year old gumsmacker rating squad.  Both pairs of speakers came from different out of state stores and were rated by those stores as "Excellent".  Both pairs were shipped directly to my home.  Both pairs were unbelievably thrashed and beat to shit.  One speaker cone had separated from the foam edge about a third of the way around the speaker one pair had the veneer melted on one side on both speakers with a hole in one cone.  How do you miss that sort of stuff, GFG?!?

These were less than two weeks apart.   Same deal during both returns:  local GC employees shocked and horrified at the terrible rating assessment from their out of state GC brethren.    Then the exact same shocked and horrified, slapdicks promptly relisted BOTH pairs in the same store as "excellent" -  so they just screwed someone else (X2)!   Un-F*cking-Believable.  

NOTE ! ! ! :  Keep screen shots of every item listing you purchase showing THEIR slapdick rating BEFORE you purchase it.  GC nukes that auction page once you actually buy it and they claim to not be able to see how it was rated once you've bought it.  No joke.  I kept screen shots of EVERYTHING including them being relisted by our local store as "Excellent".  I also kept good photos of the damage on both pairs.

GREAT ENDING:  GC customer service was excellent on their end.  I sent them photos and screen shots of everything and explained the timeline.   A supervisor in their CS immediately jumped in and sent me a brand new pair of M-Audio BX8  D3's for the same price and paid the shipping.

I was polite but firm and kept documentation on everything.

Polara is a jam-up guy.    I'm glad this Monaco found an awesome HFC home for a decent price. 

15 hours ago, 340music said:

After a long time of not being serious about playing I've gotten back into it and discovered Hamers and they are absolutely incredible guitars .

Fixed that for you :) 

Thanks for adding to the story. I really don’t know if anyone but me said “pissed off” over two days of negotiating (though I was). Cliff, the manager, said the guitar had been passed around to “three or four stores” so I’m assuming three or four people are now more skeptical about GCs condition ratings. 

Funny we both figured $1100 was fair. Once I got over the bad experience of my first trip to GC, I realized objectively that the little dings were just character and you have to angle the guitar to notice them. And an inch long repair of clear coat isn’t hard to fix: fine sandpaper, spray, dry, wet sand, repeat a couple times, buff. I wouldn’t feel confident doing that on the top of a Huber, but around the strap button? That’s the guitar equivalent of anal bleaching: if you’re examining there, you forgot why you’re playing. 

Welcome to the HFC

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/9/2019 at 5:56 AM, polara said:

That’s the guitar equivalent of anal bleaching: if you’re examining there, you forgot why you’re playing.

I'm dieing after that comment. 😂

Archived