Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Guitarcadian Rhythm?

diablo175

Just curious- anyone else have a specific time that just seems to be better suited for optimal, creative guitar playing?

Mine appears to be morning. After a shot of 5 Hour Energy Extra Strength (and the occasional resultant BM 😂) I typically have more consistent and satisfying jam sessions than at other times of the day. New ideas tend to pour forth, my phrasing and note choices tend to be a bit more adventurous and my technique seems to be just tiny bit more "on". This lends some credence to my theory of optimal periods during the day when we are more adept at guitar playing. Sure, a belt of strong caffeine after a good night's rest, the brain being largely unencumbered with the trivialities and travesties of the day help but I subscribe to us all having our own best times... other than when we are lucky enough to shoe horn it in.

I usually have a sudden urge to play guitar when everybody else is asleep, which potentially might not make me any friends in my apartment complex.  :P  Actually, I don't use the amps at night, plus I don't necessarily plug in when I play/practice/noodle, so I usually play acoustically regardless of whatever guitar I have out.

I am most creative in evenings - the later the better.  It’s as if my brain goes into slow mode, I forget work, maybe even my wife has gone to bed, and the ideas start rolling.  I get them down roughly and normally come back to them at a different time.

However, this isn’t my optimum time to record ideas as I make mistakes.  That takes place earlier in a given day.

20 hours ago, Camstone said:

The magic happens for me In front of an engaged audience. The more crowded the room, the better.

I wish I were so lucky. On all aspects...

Archived