Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Say Hello to my little friend (NHC)

Punkavenger

4 hours ago, gtrdaddy said:

Sweet! Looks like a real fun guitar!

That's it. It's fun. Not hi fidelity. The new strat I just put together blows it away in terms of tone etc. But I guess it just must have personality or "sumting."  My guitar tech thought it could use a pickup upgrade but I think just about any pickups would sound the same ... It sounds a little "loopy" on account of the short scale. 24" I think it is.... Maybe Vic would know?  :)

7 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

That's it. It's fun. Not hi fidelity. The new strat I just put together blows it away in terms of tone etc. But I guess it just must have personality or "sumting."  My guitar tech thought it could use a pickup upgrade but I think just about any pickups would sound the same ... It sounds a little "loopy" on account of the short scale. 24" I think it is.... Maybe Vic would know?  :)

Throw some 11 or 12s on it. You can really mess around with chunky strings on that super short scale!

14 hours ago, Thundersteel said:

Has almost as many knobs and switches as a Mesa Boogie!

But at least these make sense!  :)   It's easy really, the switch at the top ... don't use that. Three way switch like a LP, self explanatory but mostly leave it on the bridge (super distortion)  Chrome knobs ... volume volume tone ... super practical. 

11 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

Actually he bought it already modded from a professional musician in a LA weekly newspaper.  Remember want ads? Before the interwebs?

Actually, I was referring to his suicide. Stole the dialog from, “Family Guy.”

Archived