Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD Local Edition

Keoghpjk

I came across this refinished and modded 1st gen. Chaparral Custom on Reverb, and thought it would be a good candidate for a re-refinish to make it the period correct pink pearl Chaparral I’ve always wanted. I made the purchase, and then discovered the seller was local and a member of this fine board. We met this afternoon to hand it off, and had a great Hamer-centric conversation. It’s nice to have found another like-minded fan so close in this part of Wisconsin!

After getting the guitar home, I’ve decided this rather odd flake finish has its charms and the guitar will likely keep it. It’s far more colorful, vibrant and flip-floppy than any crappy pictures I take can capture. I’m going to make an attempt to get better pics when I’ve more time, and when the sun decides to play nice. I’m not sure yet about the pickups, electronics and hardware, but it plays great and is certainly an interesting change from my other, stock Chaparrals  

D623CE18-12DE-483F-82D3-F69B03D5E236.jpeg

This was probably the coolest guitar selling experience for me ever.  I probably haven't met up to sell a guitar in about a decade.  Then unbeknownst I meet up with another HFCer to sell the guitar.  Once I saw the your Shishkov sweater I was like "Are you on the Hamer forums?" Haha!  Totally awesome and didn't expect that.  Great conversations we had - I was really excited because I literally have never had "Hamer" conversation much outside this forum.  Fun times!

3 minutes ago, DarrenD said:

This was probably the coolest guitar selling experience for me ever.  I probably haven't met up to sell a guitar in about a decade.  Then unbeknownst I meet up with another HFCer to sell the guitar.  Once I saw the your Shishkov sweater I was like "Are you on the Hamer forums?" Haha!  Totally awesome and didn't expect that.  Great conversations we had - I was really excited because I literally have never had "Hamer" conversation much outside this forum.  Fun times!

Cool.  Or if you do talk with someone, they are unaware of the brand and keep calling it Hammer.  

24 minutes ago, DarrenD said:

Once I saw the your Shishkov sweater I was like "Are you on the Hamer forums?"

I’ve been wearing my Shishkov hoodie regularly since I got it a few years ago in the initial offering. I travel a lot for work and wear it all over the country, but today was the first time anyone has ever recognized it. And only a mile from my house!

Archived