Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center
diablo175

GAS Strikes... Again. <yawn>

Recommended Posts

What is it (other than stupidity or trying to fill some supposed emotional void with things) that compels me to buy guitars that I know will very likely be subpar to my Hamers and HELs?

To wit: '18 Ibanez RG 550.

2010 ESP LTD GL200K Kamikaze

and now a 2013 BC Rich Zolton Bathory ASM. 🙄

 

image.png

Edited by diablo175
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those BCs are killer-looking guitars. The Bathory model is sleek. Excellent lines on these guitars. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, RobB said:

Those BCs are killer-looking guitars. The Bathory model is sleek. Excellent lines on these guitars. 

Couldn't agree more. And it's got some very respectable  hardware and snazzy appointments- natural, maple cap over mahogany wings, 5 piece neck thru, a real deal OFR, Grover mini's, in this case, the Rockfields were replaced with Seymour Duncans. Not sure what models but it could be an improvement. Sheeooot- it comes stock with 24 jumbo frets, reversed heads stock and a f-ing toggle switch, no less!!!

That LTD Lynch Kami I'm putzing around on at work could soon be replaced with this. 

image.png

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only you can decide when enough is enough.   Enjoy it.  

 

And I'll enjoy seeing you refinish it with green polka dots.  😜

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

Only you can decide when enough is enough.   Enjoy it.  

 

And I'll enjoy seeing you refinish it with green polka dots.  😜

Nah. It's not a prospective stage ax. Likely, just a soon-to-be-flipped item.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its only a problem if it interferes with normal functioning.  Looks cool. Korean made?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Its only a problem if it interferes with normal functioning.  Looks cool. Korean made?

Yup. Korean made with a US-sourced maple cap and hardware. Kinda amusing- American maple shipped to Korea for assembly then shipped back over to the US for sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Yup. Korean made with a US-sourced maple cap and hardware. Kinda amusing- American maple shipped to Korea for assembly then shipped back over to the US for sale.

Guess shipping maple is cheaper than paying labor.  Definitely a choice.

Edited by scottcald
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am still waiting on you getting a Jazz box and putting FR in it and then doing one of your day glow paint jobs on it. Maybe going with a King Kong theme paint scheme for it. 😉

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 4:59 PM, Carl.B said:

I am still waiting on you getting a Jazz box and putting FR in it and then doing one of your day glow paint jobs on it. Maybe going with a King Kong theme paint scheme for it. 😉

Great idea; if nothing else,  just to annoy jazz snobs but not gonna happen.

It's: Shred 'til I'm dead. (or my ham-handed approximation there of)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 2:06 PM, diablo175 said:

Great idea; if nothing else,  just to annoy jazz snobs but not gonna happen.

It's: Shred 'til I'm dead. (or my ham-handed approximation there of)

I found a Gibson gold-plated floating Johnny Smith mini-bucker. I had it installed on an MIK Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody jazz box. Would that annoy the jazz snob?

Sorta like this, but with sunburst finish and gold-plated genuine Gibson Johnny Smith floating pickup:spacer.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I found a Gibson gold-plated floating Johnny Smith mini-bucker. I had it installed on an MIK Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody jazz box. Would that annoy the jazz snob?

Sorta like this, but with sunburst finish and gold-plated genuine Gibson Johnny Smith floating pickup:spacer.png

Make it a matte black EMG or a Duncan Invader and we'll talk.  ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I found a Gibson gold-plated floating Johnny Smith mini-bucker. I had it installed on an MIK Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody jazz box. Would that annoy the jazz snob?

Sorta like this, but with sunburst finish and gold-plated genuine Gibson Johnny Smith floating pickup:spacer.png

 

whitecum2.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...