Hamer Fan Club Message Center

GAS Strikes... Again. <yawn>

diablo175

What is it (other than stupidity or trying to fill some supposed emotional void with things) that compels me to buy guitars that I know will very likely be subpar to my Hamers and HELs?

To wit: '18 Ibanez RG 550.

2010 ESP LTD GL200K Kamikaze

and now a 2013 BC Rich Zolton Bathory ASM. 🙄

image.png

23 minutes ago, RobB said:

Those BCs are killer-looking guitars. The Bathory model is sleek. Excellent lines on these guitars. 

Couldn't agree more. And it's got some very respectable  hardware and snazzy appointments- natural, maple cap over mahogany wings, 5 piece neck thru, a real deal OFR, Grover mini's, in this case, the Rockfields were replaced with Seymour Duncans. Not sure what models but it could be an improvement. Sheeooot- it comes stock with 24 jumbo frets, reversed heads stock and a f-ing toggle switch, no less!!!

That LTD Lynch Kami I'm putzing around on at work could soon be replaced with this. 

image.png

8 hours ago, BubbaVO said:

Only you can decide when enough is enough.   Enjoy it.  

And I'll enjoy seeing you refinish it with green polka dots.  😜

Nah. It's not a prospective stage ax. Likely, just a soon-to-be-flipped item.

10 minutes ago, scottcald said:

Its only a problem if it interferes with normal functioning.  Looks cool. Korean made?

Yup. Korean made with a US-sourced maple cap and hardware. Kinda amusing- American maple shipped to Korea for assembly then shipped back over to the US for sale.

10 hours ago, diablo175 said:

Yup. Korean made with a US-sourced maple cap and hardware. Kinda amusing- American maple shipped to Korea for assembly then shipped back over to the US for sale.

Guess shipping maple is cheaper than paying labor.  Definitely a choice.

On 9/12/2019 at 4:59 PM, Carl.B said:

I am still waiting on you getting a Jazz box and putting FR in it and then doing one of your day glow paint jobs on it. Maybe going with a King Kong theme paint scheme for it. 😉

Great idea; if nothing else,  just to annoy jazz snobs but not gonna happen.

It's: Shred 'til I'm dead. (or my ham-handed approximation there of)

On 9/14/2019 at 2:06 PM, diablo175 said:

Great idea; if nothing else,  just to annoy jazz snobs but not gonna happen.

It's: Shred 'til I'm dead. (or my ham-handed approximation there of)

I found a Gibson gold-plated floating Johnny Smith mini-bucker. I had it installed on an MIK Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody jazz box. Would that annoy the jazz snob?

Sorta like this, but with sunburst finish and gold-plated genuine Gibson Johnny Smith floating pickup:spacer.png

10 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

I found a Gibson gold-plated floating Johnny Smith mini-bucker. I had it installed on an MIK Gretsch Electromatic hollowbody jazz box. Would that annoy the jazz snob?

Sorta like this, but with sunburst finish and gold-plated genuine Gibson Johnny Smith floating pickup:spacer.png

Make it a matte black EMG or a Duncan Invader and we'll talk.  ;) 

13 hours ago, JohnnyB said:

whitecum2.jpg

Archived