Hamer Fan Club Message Center

GTs for a G.T.

django49

GT? Gold Tops. Great Tele-types. Gin & Tonic. Groovy Tuesday. Good Time. Maybe all of the above....

Truth is, with an injured shoulder, there have been days lately when I did not even want to strap on a guitar. So I had to break myself out of that this afternoon. I have a soft spot in my heart (or is it my head?) for Gold Tops, so that was a good place to start. I guess both of these have a slightly different twist or two from the standard Tele, but that is okay. One seems to relate to the Tele in (sorta) the same way as the Hamer Talladega model. And that is a good thing. Rosewood neck? Another twist, but it really plays well.....

Does Shoreline Gold count as a goldtop? Well, it works for me.

Anyway, it was fun. A picture or two....

IMG_2279.JPG

IMG_2280.JPG

The Twangmeister has a really nice and lightweight swamp ash body. And a powerful bridge pickup that is great. Weighing about a pound and a half less, it wins more favor from the injured shoulder. But Ron Thorn does such good work. The rosewood neck plays so smoothly, adds a bit more "hifi" tone and sustain and the "staple" bridge pickup adds some grunt. So my shoulder did not complain too much.

The winner this afternoon? I would say the second G.T......Gin and Tonic that is......What shoulder? 😉

39 minutes ago, BubbaVO said:

I love gold tops.  Nice pair right there.  

And what gin has been the source of your inspiration?  I've been on a bluecoat tear as of late.  

I like Tanqueray Ten and their "Perfect Ten" Martini. (Vermouth? Well, if the bottle sits on the same shelf, that is close enough). Hendrick's is also a good choice. If I am going to mix gin, it will more likely be Bombay Sapphire.

Archived