Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Blurred Photobucket Images?

Mr. Dave

I'd been taking a look in the For Sale section and the Shishkov section tonight and all the photos that are in Photobucket are blurred and there isn't a link to follow to the Photobucket site. I'm sure they didn't look like this last time I logged in, is anyone seeing them like this?

Years ago, photobucket was a free site. Then they got a wild hair and decided their picture hosting was better than the other thousand hosting sites and started charging a fee. If you're a long time photobucket user who decided not to pay, any old threads where you linked pics to them will look weird. I saw the same blurred pics you did.

Sure enough - I just looked at the early posts on the Shishkov page and not only are they blurry but they also have the giant stupid-ass Photobucket logo across the picture.

I closed my Photobucket account when they started charging. By that point it was so bogged down with ads it was barely usable anyway.

I moved to imgur back when the new photobucket regime rendered the site useless with a barrage of ad-popups in a crackhead attempt to encourage subscriptions.

Don't mind paying for a good service, but their approach smacked of imminent disaster.  Kind of suprised that they've hung.on this long...

11 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

umm:

https://photobucket.com/notice-intermediate/

I think I will have to bite the bullet, pay for a month and download all my old photos.  

I downloaded all my shit last time they fucked up. My pics are still up there, but I haven't linked or uploaded anything since then. Photobucket is useless. 

OK thanks for the information from everyone and yes I'm seeing that big logo right across the pictures too, very annoying.   I'm sure everything looked OK a few days before the other night. 

Archived