Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD: Shishkov Ultimate #0023

currypowder

I was asleep at the wheel when Mike started his own brand and completely missed out on the run of Ultimates. While I am now in the queue for a Shishkov, I've coveted the Ultimates since I started seeing them. That I got to see and hold @bubs_42's when I met him in Nashville a couple of years ago didn't help much. I've seen a small handful come up for sale in the past (this one included), but always hesitated. This time I didn't. I'm now a member of the Shishkov Owners Club a few months earlier than expected.

No need to pour on the accolades, it's an incredible guitar top to bottom. I've had very little time with it, so perhaps I'll elaborate as I get more of a chance to play it. But, no surprise, it's gorgeous to look at and hold. From what I understand, it's the only Ultimate with multi-ply binding. 

I will say the neck is as big as any I've played. It's a full 1" from the nut to the 12th fret with full shoulders and  a slight flatness at the nut that rounds out as you move up. I absolutely love it.

I can't say that this is exactly what I would have ordered had I had the chance, but it's certainly close.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

The chairs are cool.  Are you a Kinks fan or something?

Thanks. More of a Who fan than Kinks. I just like the Union Jack pattern and ran across these chairs at the local Marshall's.

I do have a Union Jack guitar refinish in the works and will share it when I get it.

DIBS!!!

killer guitar you got there. Love the finish. Love big necks. Love everything about it. 

I, too, missed the boat the first time around. I, too, have a Shishkov in the queue. Congrats on minimizing the wait on your end. 

3 hours ago, it's me HHB said:

The necks are insanely playable!

This is so true. My Artist has always been my fave neck, but the big Shishkov neck is somehow more playable, faster, smoother, and...just better. I have one in the queue and will likely ask Mike to make it just like the one on 0006.

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

But let some know first. 😉

Exactly. The guy who called “dibs” gets to know first, then the notification can go about like a phone tree of sorts...

Congrats!  They’re fantastic guitars, and mine rendered my #1 Standard almost obsolete.  

20BDA3F1-53F0-4C12-A020-FA275425D2BC.jpeg

DE414866-AFBC-4E70-B2E0-8EF80FF69DD9.jpeg

1 hour ago, cmatthes said:

Congrats!  They’re fantastic guitars, and mine rendered my #1 Standard almost obsolete.  

20BDA3F1-53F0-4C12-A020-FA275425D2BC.jpeg

DE414866-AFBC-4E70-B2E0-8EF80FF69DD9.jpeg

Almost...?  When it crosses over to absolutely obsolete, let me know. In other words, dibs...

2 minutes ago, Travis said:

Almost...?  When it crosses over to absolutely obsolete, let me know. In other words, dibs...

The only reason I didn't sell it in the last two years is because it's my son's favorite guitar.  That may change...

6 hours ago, Travis said:

Exactly. The guy who called “dibs” gets to know first, then the notification can go about like a phone tree of sorts...

I never signed any agreement to "dibs".  And the owner is under no such constraint. 😄

56 minutes ago, The Shark said:

I never signed any agreement to "dibs".  And the owner is under no such constraint. 😄

Maybe we need to have a sticky post on dibs and the proper etiquette...

10 hours ago, Travis said:

Maybe we need to have a sticky post on dibs and the proper etiquette...

There's no controlling legal authority (who said that?)!!!

Curry is the only one concerned with "dibs" in this situation.  He knows how to contact me...

Archived