Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Recommend a pedal for $140 I can easily resell..

Hfan

Question

I have a credit at GC for $140 that is about to expire. I've been on their site, I don't need anything in that price range for myself and don't want to throw more money at GAS.

So I was thinking I could pick up a popular pedal (or something else at that price point) and sell it unused at a discount. I have a small collection of pedals that sit in their boxes for the most part, I pretty much use a little subtle overdrive and I have two good pedals for that already.

Maybe an OCD pedal or similar? I may go today so short notice I guess.

Thanks

10 answers to this question

Find one (or 2) that's currently on sale. It'll be easier to sell a new pedal for slightly less than the sale price but substantially less than the full price. Check the Gear Page for what's hot. B)

11 minutes ago, cynic said:

Can the store credit be used to buy a gift card as a way to extend your deadline?

Good idea, I'll check that.

9 minutes ago, hamerhead said:

Find one (or 2) that's currently on sale. It'll be easier to sell a new pedal for slightly less than the sale price but substantially less than the full price. Check the Gear Page for what's hot. B)

Another good idea, thanks guys!

I'll go with this, two Boss pedals and a small pedal board. $20 out of my pocket with tax and free shipping. I just need to figure out how to use the credit. They don't make it easy. Customer service opens later.

And you can't use the credit for a gift card. They are transferable to other buyers though.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Boss/DS-1-DD-3-Players-Pack-with-BCB-30-Pedal-Board-1300744185182.gc?source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=EAIaIQobChMInIfHx_TS5AIVkIzICh1LuANJEAQYASABEgKrhfD_BwE

18 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Strings, picks, cords, tuners, another guitar stand... maybe t-shirts?

Yeah I thought about some of that. I was thinking something small I could get 100$ out of resale..

I already got that pedal and pedal board package linked above. Knowing me I'll probably end up keeping it or at least the board, I don't have one. Being somewhat frugal, I didn't want to waste that $140 credit that cost me $2.8k to earn. Jazz arch tops are expensive.

image.png

That's a solid deal, basically a free distortion pedal. And the DD-3 is a great delay. I use a DD-6 that has kicked a lot more expensive pedals to the curb. Well done.

Archived