Hamer Fan Club Message Center

I'm coming to Germany for concerts with my own music!

Sentinel

Hi guys!

Well, anyone who knows me you know I'm from Sweden, composing new classical music. Guess my luck when I was approached in December by a german string quartet wanting to play MY music in the Ludwighafen area this fall. Actually four concerts just two weeks from now... see photo.

I wrote this piece - an oboe quintet - that they heard on youtube and wanted to perform. Now during the months gone we have agreed for me to re-write it for flute and string quartet just because we feel it would sound better. 🙂

So I've asked for a week off from my teaching job here in Sweden to come down for two of the four performances. It will be fantastic, not only the cred and the music but also visiting "The Tuscany of Germany", as someone called the area!

It is postcard perfect, and very beautiful down there. 

So, any of our German HFC'rs wanting to join me there on the 5th or 6th of October - you are warmly welcome for this nice classical event. 

All the best to you all, 

/Curt Wrango 

69809573_1429603353854221_7587395504632233984_n.jpg

That is fantastic! I was raised on baroque, classical, and romantic music, while my brother majored in "legit" music so I'm in awe of anyone who can master this kind of composition. Can you share a YouTube link?

9 hours ago, gorch said:

There is a great chance to see it live!

It surely is! A free concert series with both old and new music!

😁🙋🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, polara said:

That is fantastic! I was raised on baroque, classical, and romantic music, while my brother majored in "legit" music so I'm in awe of anyone who can master this kind of composition. Can you share a YouTube link?

Yes, if it'll be recorded I'll post it. It's just a couple of weeks until the concerts  are on! 

Thanks for your interest for my music! 🙂

6 hours ago, JochenP said:

I did not know that Hamer also has built some violin 🙂

Godd luck!

I think one time they had made a violin bass at least.

All cleared. We are going to have meet & greet incl. dinner. Looking forward to meeting a great composer. B)

2 hours ago, Hardrockracer said:

Just to make sure, you're only playing those weekend shows with that quartett and not the date on Oct. 17th? Because that gig is actually in the building I work.

HRR

Sentinel is the composer, not a player. I actually plan to visit the concert in Heidelberg too, for having my wife joining. It did not work out for this weekend.

12 hours ago, Hardrockracer said:

Just to make sure, you're only playing those weekend shows with that quartett and not the date on Oct. 17th? Because that gig is actually in the building I work.

HRR

That's a fact. Just visiting from Sweden for a week. As "the" composer I only listen. The quartet is playing all shows. 

But come and have a listen, then please tell me what you think about my music

😀

/.Thanks 

Curt W.

It had been a great joy to meet Sentinel at the Deutsche Weinstrasse. The smell of fresh wine was everywhere as had been the wine (of course). We had dinner together with two people from the Streichquartett, a nice talk in the night and breakfast in a local bakery. We both agreed that Hamer guitars are simply the best.

Many thanks Sentinel for your time and great music!

The HFC, again, brought great people together!

Just noticing that we missed out on the classic selfie! I'm lazy taking pics recently.

9 hours ago, gorch said:

We had dinner together with two people from the Streichquartett...

Just noticing that we missed out on the classic selfie! I'm lazy taking pics recently.

Thanks for seeing me I Hainfeld, Gorch! Yes it was really nice (as it usually is meeting HFC'rs irl.) having a chat, a dinner etc!

For photos (selfie or not) i combined two separate pix from the dinner to make one!!

Gorch on the left and me Sentinel to the right!

😎

IMG_20191006_004605.jpg

The concert with my flute quintet was terrific and a small success for me. Excellent musicians! 😎

(I'll post audio when I get back home from Germany!)

20191005_202353.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a photo video with the audio of my whole 15 minute composition, as played on Oct 5th, in Hainfeld, Germany. 😊

(I will also post it as a separate topic!)

Please listen to it all, the three parts of it, because it makes more sense that way. 🙋🏻‍♂️🎵

/Sentinel, Curt Wrangö

PS, applause removed, only music

Very nice to hear it again, Curt!

We had enjoyed the concert very much!

2 minutes ago, gorch said:

Very nice to hear it again, Curt!

We had enjoyed the concert very much!

Feels good to hear. Thanks again for travelling to Heidelberg!! 😊

Archived