Hamer Fan Club Message Center

TDC: Ric Ocasek of the Cars dead at 75 in NY

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RobB said:

He died in 2004.

Oops. So he did. Someone posted that on their FB page along with Ric's demise and I mistakenly thought Johnny died recently. Shame on me for not double checking it. Thought it was a little odd that there wasn't more media buzz about it. :P

21 minutes ago, kizanski said:

When I went to find out WTF Chester Bennington was, even Google said, "WHO??"
Then it gave me results for Christine Baranski.

Ah sure, Linkin Park only sold 110,000,000 albums.  Then he was in Stone Temple Pilots and Dead by Sunrise, so there were additional sales there. 

6 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Ah sure, Linkin Park only sold 110,000,000 albums.  Then he was in Stone Temple Pilots and Dead by Sunrise, so there were additional sales there. 

Linkin Park I heard of. STP I've heard of.  Even Christine Baranski I have heard of.
Nobody ever fucking heard of Chester What's-His-Face.

And don't think 110,000,000 records sold defends putting him on a list with Michael Jackson. That's an afternoon for MJ.

44 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Oops. So he did. Someone posted that on their FB page along with Ric's demise and I mistakenly thought Johnny died recently. Shame on me for not double checking it. Thought it was a little odd that there wasn't more media buzz about it. :P

And shame on "the media" for not verifying Ocasek's birth year. Pretty basic. Professional news organizations shouldn't use Wikipedia as the final arbiter.

7 minutes ago, JohnnyB said:

And shame on "the media" for not verifying Ocasek's birth year. Pretty basic. Professional news organizations shouldn't use Wikipedia as the final arbiter.

In fairness, though, WiKi seems to be the ones who got it right.
He graduated high school in '63, so 1944 seems like a more likely birth year than 1949.

Dude was old af.  lol

3 minutes ago, kizanski said:

He graduated high school in '63, so 1944 seems like a more likely birth year than 1949.

Unless he was the Doogie Howser of rock.

2 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Dude was old af.  lol

Tru dat but I'd likely go a bit more happily to my grave at 75 if I had shagged Ms Porizkova in her prime. Better still, go out at 75 right after banging a Paulina-level super model. Hmm....🤔

3 minutes ago, diablo175 said:

Tru dat but I'd likely go a bit more happily to my grave at 75 if I had shagged Ms Porizkova in her prime. Better still, go out at 75 right after banging a Paulina-level super model. Hmm....🤔

Best seek happiness from other sources then, because none of that is happening to you.

15 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Dude was old af.  lol

How do you know Wiki got the graduation year right?

43 minutes ago, kizanski said:

Linkin Park I heard of. STP I've heard of.  Even Christine Baranski I have heard of.
Nobody ever fucking heard of Chester What's-His-Face.

And don't think 110,000,000 records sold defends putting him on a list with Michael Jackson. That's an afternoon for MJ.

MJ sold 205,000,000 according to the WSJ.  

https://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/how-many-albums-did-michael-jackson-sell-755/

Approximately double.  

9 minutes ago, MCChris said:

Best seek happiness from other sources then, because none of that is happening to you.

Well no shit. Thank you, Captain.

image.png

Just now, JohnnyB said:

How do you know Wiki got the graduation year right?

That's what his high school yearbook says - lol.

3 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

MJ sold 205,000,000 according to the WSJ.  

https://blogs.wsj.com/numbers/how-many-albums-did-michael-jackson-sell-755/

Approximately double.  

Thanks for the math help, but I'm not going to put much stock in a single article about the findings of one guy running a web site in France.
750,000,000 records has long been the accepted number, and it sounds a lot more realistic, given the global, stratospheric, pre-internet popularity of MJ.  Not to mention the 45 year long career.

110,000,000 records sold?
MJ read that and said, "AAW-www.... That's adorable!"

And then he raped some 13 year old boys.

4 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

You miss your time together I see.  

When you look up "projecting" in the dictionary, there is a picture of your face.
And it's covered so that no one vomits.

1 minute ago, Studio Custom said:

I see we touched a nerve, as Michael did.  It's okay, we don't blame you entirely. 

A guy who as a grown man has worn spiderman pajamas, chiming in about pedophilia.
That's one way to divert attention to that tragic Steve Stevens death pool/list above.

CHESTER BENNINGTON!

Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of. Here.

10 minutes ago, kizanski said:

A guy who as a grown man has worn spiderman pajamas, chiming in about pedophilia.
That's one way to divert attention to that tragic Steve Stevens death pool/list above.

CHESTER BENNINGTON!

Get. The. Fuck. Out. Of. Here.

Actually it was a Halloween costume with a photo taken just prior to a Halloween party, for those looking for any sense of accuracy. 

Archived