Hamer Fan Club Message Center

1980 Hamer Special - $2,200

custom53

I'm thinking the seller might be related to this guy, who has starred on this forum before for his 'optimistic' pricing and original descriptions.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1981-HAMER-PROTOTYPE-made-in-USA/174030911557?hash=item28850cf845:g:UmAAAOSw705da9Dy

The dollar price at the current exchange rate is  $1446.   Steve Stevens  model, or at least body & neck stripped of it's finish,  with a missing neck pickup and maybe other problems  that the seller has attempted to obfuscate with a dubious looking scratchplate with the word 'prototype' on it, so omg it  must be a valuable prototype, hey? oh and a very obvious not very good neck repair and what looks like non-original pickups for this model near the bridge, although the humbucker has a DiMarzio stamping and the single-coil looks to be of very similar construction.  Any takers?

Guitar Point (Germany) have had a green special last year for 1.650,-€  (about 1.820 $) it is sold..

actualy this one: https://shop.guitarpoint.de/de/hamer/1980-hamer-special-cherry  (About 2.200$)

maybe something going on wich we don´t know? :-)

I think Hamers (and just about everything else) go for higher prices on this side of the Atlantic.  Worth remembering for after the end of this November when this CITES bullshit ends and completed instruments, accessories and parts will be able to cross international borders without risk of seizure again.  You'll be able to buy Hamers at U.S. prices again, or Suhrs or USA model ESPs which can be over 50% dearer in Europe than their U.S. prices. Even after you've paid shipping and import taxes a lot of U.S. gear will be cheaper.     Also that Special at guitar point looks to be in excellent condition whereas the one in this thread could be kindly described as 'well worn'

Farmingdale, NY... Is that where Fantasy Island is?

• Broken pickup ring
  • Non-original pickups
  • Relocated strap pin
  • Non-original E string bridge saddle
  • Non-original case

I was wrong before.  It's more than $1,000 over-priced.

If they want $2,200 for theirs then I would sell them my 1981 Hamer Special for Twice that amount...

81Special.jpg

81 Special 2.jpg

004.JPG

CheckerboardCase.jpg

Archived