Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Bloozguy

hikarateboy

I was told Bloozguy (Ray Egan) passed away September 2nd.  I suspect it was due to the cancer he had been fighting for the last couple years.   He was a long time HFCer and regular at the 4321 jams.  If you ever attended one, you likely met him.   He was also a lover and trader of fine guitars, often showing up at the jams with his latest catch which he would graciously allow others to enjoy as well.  Glad to have met you and spend time with you Ray.  

your friend

Ted Martin

I've been in touch with a few people who have confirmed this. I will try to call his wife Sue tomorrow. I'm deeply saddened. Ray was a good man, a good friend and a very generous soul. He was also one of the dependable regulars at the 4-3-2-1 Club jams, and I've missed him the past few years as he's struggled physically.  I know I've got lots of photos of Ray over the years. I'll take some time this weekend to put together a tribute.

As with a few other of my good friends, I first met Ray when he walked through my back door with a wad of $100 bills, looking for a guitar, a Newport Pro. The rest is HFC history.

<big sigh>

Rest in Peace, my friend.

12 hours ago, BruceM said:

I've been in touch with a few people who have confirmed this. I will try to call his wife Sue tomorrow. I'm deeply saddened. Ray was a good man, a good friend and a very generous soul. He was also one of the dependable regulars at the 4-3-2-1 Club jams, and I've missed him the past few years as he's struggled physically.  I know I've got lots of photos of Ray over the years. I'll take some time this weekend to put together a tribute.

As with a few other of my good friends, I first met Ray when he walked through my back door with a wad of $100 bills, looking for a guitar, a Newport Pro. The rest is HFC history.

<big sigh>

Rest in Peace, my friend.

Well said and agree 100%.  Please convey my condolences when you talk to Sue.

RIP Ray, you were one of my favorite HFC'er and friends. We had an instant connection, a shared passion for knowledge of how things work. I will never forget how your voice sounded on the other end of the line when you call me with a deal or just to see how things were going. I am deeply saddened about your passing and I will miss you. 

Ray had a twinkle in his eye and a smile on his face that made it very clear talking to you was what he wanted to be doing in that moment.  For a long time he was a consistent presence at most every 4321 HFC jam and I had the pleasure of spending many nights chatting with him on the back deck at all hours of the night while the basement rumbled with rock below our feet.  He will be missed and remembered.    

Rest well Ray you are sure missed around here. Ray and I traded T51 bodies and pickguards to get something we both wanted. The guitars looked great after refitting. That and seeing him at the 4-3-2-1 brought him here for a visit and I was honored to take him on a tour of Dean even if it ended up fueling G.A.S. for some Korina we found hanging there. Ray delighted in seeing me go gaga. :)

I was just able to make a connection with Ray's daughter on Facebook. They are planning Ray's funeral service, and I asked if would be OK to post details here. She said yes, so I will relay any information I hear.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone ever get any further information? 

BTW: I shipped one thing from my GC Account directly to Ray a couple of years back. GC Still can't get it out of the system, no matter how many times I made the request. LOL 

Ship To:

• Ray Egan

WASHINGTON, IL    US

•  
  •  

Very sad to hear this news. Glad I got to meet the man in person, and I always enjoyed the on and offline banter.

Rock on, Ray...

I missed this, too. I never met Ray in person but we did several deals and had conversations over the years and he was always great. He was one of those 'instantly likeable' guys. This is very sad.

Rest in Peace, Ray.

Archived