Hamer Fan Club Message Center
hikarateboy

Bloozguy

Here's a pic of Ray. I haven't done a deep dive through my photo archive yet, but this is the earliest I've seen, from August 2009. Hawaiian shirt and a Mirage.

Ray-Mirage.jpg

• Like 7

I missed this, too. I never met Ray in person but we did several deals and had conversations over the years and he was always great. He was one of those 'instantly likeable' guys. This is very sad.

Rest in Peace, Ray.

• Like 3

Wow.

Ray is a jem. Judy will be bummed to hear about this. We always hanged together while at the Chicago gatherings. I'm going to miss him.

• Like 2

I had the pleasure of traveling with Ray to a few concerts and HFC events when I lived in Minneapolis.  He was always enthusiastic about a current interest, be it a guitar, performance or work.  Ray taught me everything I know about 3D copying technology on a drive to the Zoo to see Los Lobos.

This is very sad news, we hadn't spoken in a while, but I feel lucky to have known Ray.

• Like 3

Just seeing this.  Ray was a fantastic person, always loved chatting with him.  My heart goes out to Sue & his family.

• Like 1

Wow, I totally missed this. Very tragic and very sad. I bought an amp from Ray and we spoke on the phone several times regarding it. Ray was very nice, outgoing and very friendly. Again, wow. One of my favorite novels contains this phrase: "Rats get fat and good men die".

• Like 1