Hamer Fan Club Message Center

LOVEPEDAL SALE ON!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone tried a Princetone Reverb? Is it supposed to give you the overdriven sound of a princeton,  or can you get clean sounds out of it?

On 9/20/2019 at 5:48 PM, Jakeboy said:

The White is clear and crisp, not as transparent as the OD11...but it does all the Zen things so much better than the Red Zen for example.

sean Michael (Who is Lovepedal) States it is his fave. I absolutely agree. 

So, now there is an EIGHT knob version with, apparently, the White combined with a "Zen II" unit that replicates the original that had a preamp tube in the circuit. The demo sounds great.

Damn.....I need to clean out the box of drive pedals that somehow seldom get used.......Not get tempted by yet another.....

17 hours ago, sonic1974 said:

Has anyone tried a Princetone Reverb? Is it supposed to give you the overdriven sound of a princeton,  or can you get clean sounds out of it?

I bought one when they 1st came out. Given the same option today I would probably buy the Reverb Deluxe.

I resisted this sale, though the JMP 11 looked tempting. The last thing I need is another, "Marshall-type", pedal (to date: Menatone KOTB, Lovepedal JTM, Purple Plexi+Boost, Jubilee+Boost...) I could be swayed on the next offering of the JMP 11 if I see some positive reviews here.

In other news, took awhile (appx. 2mos), but I got my Echophonic Jr back from repair and it sounds great. No more grounding issues and it is nice and quiet. Lovepedal rules!

7 hours ago, RobB said:

I resisted this sale, though the JMP 11 looked tempting. The last thing I need is another, "Marshall-type", pedal (to date: Menatone KOTB, Lovepedal JTM, Purple Plexi+Boost, Jubilee+Boost...) I could be swayed on the next offering of the JMP 11 if I see some positive reviews here.

In other news, took awhile (appx. 2mos), but I got my Echophonic Jr back from repair and it sounds great. No more grounding issues and it is nice and quiet. Lovepedal rules!

I guess i'm going to have to send my EPH-3 in for a checkup. The floor noise to me is unreasonably loud. I do love my Echophonic Jr, it is my favorite delay and so easy to dial in sounds. 

8 minutes ago, shankyboy said:

Interested in the Amp 11 or the Super Six. Also mildly interested in the Rubber Chicken. 

I can recommend the Amp11, I was very tempted in the new Super Six Grey Ghost, but I really didn't need another overdrive. I did by the JMP11, for no reason other than I like the JMP Tones and it would be a great match for my Princeton. 

I have the Super Six SRV which has more mids than the Grey Ghost model and it sounds just wonderful as a low-gain, vintage sounding OD. The Rubber Chicken is crazy fun.

You can hear it here: 

https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=PUPaItmChUk

14 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I can recommend the Amp11, I was very tempted in the new Super Six Grey Ghost, but I really didn't need another overdrive. I did by the JMP11, for no reason other than I like the JMP Tones and it would be a great match for my Princeton. 

I like the idea on the Amp 11 of having the additional boost when desired. How is the overdrive on that one? I find that most are too compressed. That's why I was thinking maybe the Super Six cause that is exactly what I am shooting for. 

2 hours ago, shankyboy said:

I like the idea on the Amp 11 of having the additional boost when desired. How is the overdrive on that one? I find that most are too compressed. That's why I was thinking maybe the Super Six cause that is exactly what I am shooting for. 

It is a great "Transparent Overdrive", I use it very low and just to goose the front end, but I have used it with the gain turned up to about 2 o'clock in front of the Princeton still retain most of the string to string,  with the guitar volume on 10. It works very well with the guitars volume and cleans up great. I wanted the Grey Ghost but held out because after reading the description,  I felt I was already getting those tones from the AMP11. That being said, I have not dumped my OD11 because I really like it as a stand alone pedal that stacks well with other overdrives. I use it for the base tone in front of the amp and then stack other pedals into it. Like a Saucy Box HC, klon clone, or a Bad Bob Booster. 

2 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

It is a great "Transparent Overdrive", I use it very low and just to goose the front end, but I have used it with the gain turned up to about 2 o'clock in front of the Princeton still retain most of the string to string,  with the guitar volume on 10. It works very well with the guitars volume and cleans up great. I wanted the Grey Ghost but held out because after reading the description,  I felt I was already getting those tones from the AMP11. That being said, I have not dumped my OD11 because I really like it as a stand alone pedal that stacks well with other overdrives. I use it for the base tone in front of the amp and then stack other pedals into it. Like a Saucy Box HC, klon clone, or a Bad Bob Booster. 

Good to know. Now I just have to keep an eye on when he includes one in his special sales. :) 

If anyone got one of the Big Black Box AMP Eleven Pros from this sale and decides they don't want it, I'll take it off your hands! I had one in my cart and when I went back to check out 15 minutes later, they were sold out!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, bubs_42 said:

The JMP 11 has landed.  I haven't even tried it yet, but its the best pedal i've ever not tried and it has tone for days. I just might be for sale tonight! It was a good run, I just found something else. 

And here I am on the launch pad.  Radio silence on the Vintage Modern Chrome.  Hope it shows soon.  

Archived