Hamer Fan Club Message Center

LOVEPEDAL SALE ON!

Those seem to go out in batches.  Some are made to order and can take 4-6 weeks, some ship out soon after ordering.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered a ZenDrive from the sale. The listing indicated a few days shipping, but when I emailed for tracking info they got right back to me to say it would be about three weeks before shipping. Oh well.

Im actually gonna hang with Sonny Landreth tonight, looking forward to telling him about it :)

36 minutes ago, geoff_hartwell said:

I ordered a ZenDrive from the sale. The listing indicated a few days shipping, but when I emailed for tracking info they got right back to me to say it would be about three weeks before shipping. Oh well.

Im actually gonna hang with Sonny Landreth tonight, looking forward to telling him about it :)

Outward Bound is one of my favorite albums ever.  The song Worlds Away (not on that album of course) haunts me.  Congo Square too.  You sir are a lucky man tonight.

A 70's JMP 50 Watter is an amp that I have had the pleasure of playing through but never owned. I really loved the sound of one I played in Ohio some 10 years ago, but the others were hit and miss. One of the reason i've never owned then sold one. This pedal rocks, I tamed my amp way down to clean/cleanish and hit it with this pedal. It was ok, but one I just took the gain and turn it on 10 it was pretty damn awesome. Not so much gain that it is a bee's nest, the high end is very detailed with a firm bottom end. You can even stack an OD11 in front of it or lets say at Tube Screamer and it won't get so crazy its not usable. 

Got my Purple Plexi/Boost email today!

40 minutes ago, cmatthes said:

Got my Purple Plexi/Boost email today!

You are going to "Love" this pedal.  Pardon the pun.  It has the "chirp" of the old Marshall and cleans up with the volume knob.  The boost is colorless.  

I got the Pickle Vibe this week along with the Hi-Volt.

PV inspired a song immediately so it is a keeper. It is a vibe but very phaserlike/swirly....very different than the 5k Vibronaut. A great EFFECT.

I need more time with the Hi-Volt.mAt first blush it is a rockin’ distortion pedal with full active 3 band eq...but then I saw a demo that shows a very cleanish chimey setting....with singles or low output pickups. Works great so this is very versatile. I need to tweak the internal trimmer some to see what it does. This is like a Rat with more punch, tightness  and flexibility with the eq. But not Ratlike at all tone-wise. Do 80s hair metal easily..,as well as 70s hard rock.

I need more time with this one.

JMP Eleven arrived. It's my first Lovepedal, and all I can say is, "Wow!" It doesn't do much for me without the drive dimed, but it's so volume knob sensitive, you don't ever need to set it anywhere else! Great detail and sparkle with plenty of grind available. The bass control gets quite boomy set much above 1/4, but I'm sure I'll find it works well with other settings and guitars as I mess with it more. I've only played it with the Artist so far (1 hour since I got it plugged in), so I'll be interested in how it behaves with a Strat and my LP Special's P90s. I managed to dial in Angus Young with no effort, and I'm sure there's a lot more to discover, especially if I mess around with the amp settings.

One thing I was quite pleasantly surprised by - This pedal LOVES a wah like no other dirt/fuzz/od pedal I've ever played! Just amazing articulation and responsiveness with tons of harmonic content and no beasty frequency peaks or valleys that a wah tends to expose.

I'll be curious to hear what others have to say, especially about how higher voltage or an old school carbon battery changes its behavior (only played with the alkaline battery and PP2 at 9V thus far).

Also curious how people think this compares to the Purple Plexi and Jubilee, since they all do different Marshall flavors. Pretty sure I'm gonna pull the trigger on a "regular" AMP Eleven (big box, possibly black) or OD Eleven, but I might just need to "collect them all!" As I said in an earlier post, if someone scored a Black Big Box A11 from this sale and doesn't like it, I'm your man! Add the Purple Plexi/boost to that standing offer!

1 hour ago, mrjamiam said:

Only 3 pedals and no hoodies up, so don't get too excited if that's what you were looking for.

No hoodies, no peace!

Hoodies are up!

https://lovepedalcustomeffects.myshopify.com/collections/frontpage/products/vintage-logo-lovepedal-hoodie-in-vintage-black

9 minutes ago, joshoowah said:

That didn't take long. Tried for a hoodie and Box of Awesome. BoA sold out before I could check out. Missed again!

The reason I didn't have a hoodie the first time is that I was waiting to see if I wanted to combine the purchase with a pedal, seeing what might come up, and in the meantime the hoodie disappeared.  The general rule with the Lovepedal SNS is that if you snooze, you lose.  When you see something you want, grab it.  It's only a $6 penalty to find something else later and pay separate shipping.

ETA - Just because something disappears doesn't mean that it won't come back within the same sale event.  Keep monitoring for the BoA, if you want one.  You never know.

EATA - I can see still both the hoodie and the BoA, with no indication of being sold out.

27 minutes ago, Jakeboy said:

I just got home from church a bit ago and the size large hoodies are sold out.....but I did snag a Purple Plexi SE.

I feel even more fortunate to have snagged one, then.  Sorry you missed it this time, but at least you have a kewl new pedal coming.

I guess it's a little silly to be psyched about a hoodie, but I have a bunch of pedals, some of which I haven't fully explored yet.  Besides, Lovepedal is a lifestyle brand, isn't it? 😁

4 hours ago, mrjamiam said:

The reason I didn't have a hoodie the first time is that I was waiting to see if I wanted to combine the purchase with a pedal, seeing what might come up, and in the meantime the hoodie disappeared.  The general rule with the Lovepedal SNS is that if you snooze, you lose.  When you see something you want, grab it.  It's only a $6 penalty to find something else later and pay separate shipping.

ETA - Just because something disappears doesn't mean that it won't come back within the same sale event.  Keep monitoring for the BoA, if you want one.  You never know.

EATA - I can see still both the hoodie and the BoA, with no indication of being sold out.

BOA is available. 

So, the Purple Plexi half of the Vintage Modern Chrome is very good.  Sounds just like my Purple Plexi Boost pedal without the boost.  The Modern is the Church of Tone and I really like the midrange hump and a bit more top, when comparing to the Purple Plexi side.  Both together are killer.  

What pedal can you buy for $130 that sounds like this?  Fantastic.

Would it be pretentious of me to say it sounds better with a battery?  Because it does, for some reason.

Archived