Hamer Fan Club Message Center

You run into the damndest people sometimes!

cmatthes

Flew into Louisville to take my son to the Bourbon & Beyond Festival this weekend, primarily, because he’s a HUGE Foo fan, but also because, well, Bourbon.

Had the great pleasure of finally meeting Greg (Currypowder) in person.   Glad we were finally able to catch up, and next time, we’ll bring Shishkovs to the party!  I did really dig the Malcolm Young Gretsch too!

0F75CECE-CADC-4218-AA48-0B6C326E5F84.jpeg

9C93B81C-EB6E-4E4E-8BE0-E08340D37722.jpeg

It's always awesome to connect with HFC members, I'm glad Chris and his family let me hang with them for a while. BTW, I also fondled that MY Gretsch and agree, it was by far the coolest guitar in the music tent.

This was my HFC week, as I was travelling and got to hang with RobB over a few beers on Tuesday in CA.

I found out Jim Morgan was also there about halfway through the Foo’s set, and tried about 30 times to send a message, but next to zero connectivity in the place - it was packed!

Dave Grohl does not look impressed by Mr. Tillbrook’s choice of stage attire, despite the afternoon heat...

However, Squeeze is great live, so he may just get a pass?

10049639-5C51-4BEE-A4EC-DFFF3D9DE6A9.jpeg

Surprise drummer for “Black Coffee In Bed”?  

1D73C5B3-8CDF-435C-8431-53225FFBAA46.jpeg

Glenn's wardrobe selection notwithstanding, the Squeeze set was outstanding. I only wish they were in a later, longer slot as they only had 45 minutes. Except for the opener, Hourglass, they stuck to the earlier hits (every song was included on Singles 45's and Under) and had the crowd into it. Dave Grohl stepping in was a fun touch. My pictures aren't any better then what Chris posted above, so I won't bore you with them.

Archived