Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: Walter Becker Estate Sale

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
48 minutes ago, Case said:

anybody ever bid online (and fared well) in an auction like this? 

Looks intimidating :)

The "Terms and Conditions" state that the auction house gets 25% in addition to any winning bid.  That's a little steep.

Anyone that can land one of those Ian Anderson Standards for under $3,500 is getting an incredible guitar.  The Strats are awesome too (under 2K).  The builder is, however, a jerk.

Folks, that is an unreal amount of gear - wow !! Someone get those Mesa Maverick heads - one of the most underrated amps ever, IMHO...

And then there's this gem:

https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/312/lot/122070?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F312%3Fpage%3D15

image.png.817505028c2e6cb003fbbc9263fb9342.png

😁😁😁

There are other music related auctions at Julien's, so snooping around I found these.  Does anyone want a B.B. King guitar strap?  He may not have used them on stage, but it would be cool knowing he owned a strap that you use with your own guitar.

https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/318/lot/122641?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F318%3Fpage%3D5

spacer.png

https://www.julienslive.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/318/lot/122640?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F318%3Fpage%3D5

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Lots of Fender Tweeds and tweed copies.  

There is an interesting Les Paul Jr repro by Rock and Roll Relics.   Anybody know that builder?

Yes.  That is Billy Rowe,   Guitarist for 80’s rockers Jetboy who had a cup of coffee on a major label.    

I'm just wondering how good they are at shipping/etc, if you win something. Of course, I'm on hiatus from all guitar/bass/amp buying due to lack of budget, room etc. Hopefully these end up with people who will continue to use and enjoy them.

1 hour ago, Pieman said:

Lots of Fender Tweeds and tweed copies.  

There is an interesting Les Paul Jr repro by Rock and Roll Relics.   Anybody know that builder?

I've got 2 R&R relics guitars, they're great and super resonant.  I know Billy pretty well, solid guy, thoughtful builder.

12 hours ago, kizanski said:

That headstock is repug.

I'm afraid to state the obvious: guitar Has been bulid by our own BCRGreg...

5 hours ago, Gino said:

I'm afraid to state the obvious: guitar Has been bulid by our own BCRGreg...

5 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

The headstock is still ugly.

Exactly.  i don't know how that was going to make a difference.
"Oh... Now I love it!"

My friend and I was looking at Walter Becker estate auction over a few drinks at the bar last night and he was shocked at the amount of guitar/basses/amps/etc. that was up for auction. There are some nice vintage, boutique, and cheapo guitars/basses/amps up for bid. I hope that some of you are able to score a nice instrument/amp/effect for your gear collection. 

Guitar George

On 9/24/2019 at 10:21 AM, burningyen said:

327328_0.jpg?1568952841

327329_0.jpg?1568952842

327330_0.jpg?1568952842

This set of 3 purple-coloured Hamer's was custom ordered by one of the HFC-members, if I am not mistaken, probably via BCR-Greg.

I think he has been one of the moderators of this forum

Stupid enough I forgot the (nick)name.

One of the Matthes-brother will know.

Gabe 😃

Archived