Hamer Fan Club Message Center

FS - Miller Hamer - Sold

As much as I've enjoyed this guitar and playing it live, my current drive to get my finances in order has left me having to make some "hard" choices.  I've already sold off a good bit of what I've had, so now all that I have left is stuff I really like.  This one was really a blast to have for the last several months, but I think our live schedule is winding down. I bought this somewhat as a stage piece, so that makes this the easiest one to move on.  

I'll do it for what I paid here, $1575 shipped CONUS.  

For more:

https://reverb.com/item/28235511-hamer-miller-music-1986-red

spacer.png

11 hours ago, LucSulla said:

They're cool!  Always gets comments too.  I had a longtime Miller rep show up at a show that I thought was going to pass out from excitement when she saw it.  

Sounds like a perfect missed opportunity to me. 😂

14 hours ago, crunchee said:

Peter Green has one too, doesn't he?

14 hours ago, LucSulla said:

Yeah, I think he said it was his favorite guitar. 

So when Bodhisattva overcame him, he kept the Miller and gave away the '59 Burst.

ok....

14 hours ago, kizanski said:

So when Bodhisattva overcame him, he kept the Miller and gave away the '59 Burst.

ok....

He's the one who supposedly said it was one of his favs.  I personally don't like it as much as the 2013 LP trad that I own, which is loosely based on 59 LPs,  or else that would be the guitar posted here.  And I don't think it's a selling point and seems a little histrionic, which is why it isn't listed in the Reverb ad.  But that is the legend you always hear around these Miller guitars.  It even showed up on this thread by the fifth post. Give me a break here. 😜  I mean, Peter Green is known for his rock solid mental faculties. 

It does have a somewhat unique tone, kinda like an LP and an SG had a kid, but one or the other of them had a Tele in the family tree a few generations back.  

Archived