Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Who’s got Ultimate’s love to see them !

ksmjc1969

How’s many ultimates were made with gold vs chrome/nickel hardware...?

I grabbed a pair of Duncans from an ultimate off the used market year’s ago that were nickel. However, all of the pics I’ve seen of the Artist Ultimates in full had gold hardware. 

4 hours ago, Travis said:

How’s many ultimates were made with gold vs chrome/nickel hardware...?

I grabbed a pair of Duncans from an ultimate off the used market year’s ago that were nickel. However, all of the pics I’ve seen of the Artist Ultimates in full had gold hardware. 

Travis - were they Ultimates, or "SLU"s?  All of the Ultimates I've seen were gold.  SLUs = "Slightly Less Ultimate" or something like that, and had nickel covers.

6 hours ago, cmatthes said:

Travis - were they Ultimates, or "SLU"s?  All of the Ultimates I've seen were gold.  SLUs = "Slightly Less Ultimate" or something like that, and had nickel covers.

I had a set of both. The Ultimates had the serial numbers hand written on the base plate, supposed to have matched the serial number from the guitar. Got them from a guy who replaced them with anniversary EMG’s...  😱

The SLU’s I had did not have the serial number on the baseplate. Both sets had nickel covers.

6 minutes ago, bubs_42 said:

I love the SLU Neck Pickup, I had it in a Standard with a Custom 5 in the Bridge and it was a match made in heaven. 

@bubs_42 never met a pickup he didn't love... and then hate, remove and replace two weeks later.

On 9/30/2019 at 6:14 AM, bubs_42 said:

I love the SLU Neck Pickup, I had it in a Standard with a Custom 5 in the Bridge and it was a match made in heaven. 

Yup, I had the SLU’s installed in that mahogany standard. I think the SLU is still in the neck position from what the current owner has said. 

The Ultimates were in my old artist korina which I believe still reside in there based on the current owner’s postings. 

Archived