Hamer Fan Club Message Center

2008 Charvel CS Star- SOLD

This is a 2008 Charvel Star- my first custom order guitar. Alder body with bolt-on maple neck/rosewood board. MOP inlays. Reversed pointy headstock. 24 Jumbo frets w/ plenty of life in them. Originally featured Seymour Duncan Blackout active pick ups. By 2010, the honeymoon was over and I swapped them out for various passive offerings. The current lineup is: Seymour Duncan Screaming Demon/Custom Shop ‘59 N. I can also swap in a SH-5 Custom or an old PATB-1 if you like. This has the bloodline of an 80’s shredder and truly sounds better w/passive pick ups IMHO. The Orig. Floyd Rose was replaced with a newer 0FR w/ fat brass block in 2017. The volume pot has been replaced with a momentary kill switch volume pot. Definitely not in mint condition, having been gigged off and on for almost 7 years. There are a few cosmetic hairline scratches but no chips, dings or other significant cosmetic damage. Comes with OHS case, tags, paperwork and trem bar. Price does not include shipping.

Ax n Case.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 5.14.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 5.14.35 PM.png

headstock.jpg

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 5.13.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 5.13.49 PM.png

6 hours ago, Eli said:

Exactly!

Rock and Roll Crazy Nights!

Badass song, that was. Now, phonetically speaking, it was "Wock-n-wohl kwayzeh naughts!"

14 hours ago, devrock said:

WHY are you getting rid of that???

Because I have this. ;)

image.png

BTW- I don't have much in the way of wiggle room but if my asking price is off by a little bit, make me an offer. :D

4 hours ago, diablo175 said:

BTW- I don't have much in the way of wiggle room but if my asking price is off by a little bit, make me an offer. :D

Your asking price is right on. That bitchin guitar is an indictment of era, not unlike myself. If it had a decked FR I'd sell stuff to own that, as ridiculous the notion is for a dude WELL into his 50s. Take that star to an open mike and witness mouths agape before noses upturn!

On 10/3/2019 at 5:32 PM, RobB said:

Your asking price is right on. That bitchin guitar is an indictment of era, not unlike myself. If it had a decked FR I'd sell stuff to own that, as ridiculous the notion is for a dude WELL into his 50s. Take that star to an open mike and witness mouths agape before noses upturn!

Yeah, that price for a CS Charvel is not just in the ballpark; I'd say that you're in the infield. They are great guitars.  

• 5 weeks later...

Archived