Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Pat Travers in Nashville

bigolsparky

I have been trying to find a show where Pat actually got close enough to me to buy a ticket, and this looks to be as close as he will get.  Pat has been one of my favorites for a long time and this will my first time to see him.  I had tickets to see him about 15 years ago and the show was cancelled.  I don't know if there are other PT fans here, but this is a bucket list show for me.  It will probably be my luck that he will book a Birmingham show since I already bought my tickets for Nashville. 

4 hours ago, Willie G. Moseley said:

Watch for an upcoming interview soon in Vintage Guitar with Pat about his new Big Band album...yes, you read that  correctly

I have heard about his new album.  I am actually looking forward to that.  I think anything that is not related to Hip Hop will get my attention as far as new music goes.  I just can't relate to what is being shoved down my throat with today's music.  

The first time I saw Pat, he was playing two nights back to back at the Great Southern Music Hall in Orlando.  It was also known as the Beacham Theatre from back in the early days.  I can't remember what songs were included on "Go For What You Know", but the shows were incredible.  Mars Cowling, Tommy Aldridge, and Pat Thrall accompanied Pat.  I was a junior in high school.

My buddy Chris Lukasik worked on all Pat's stuff from about 1984 until about 1990.  I remember Pat had just finished the album Hot Shot.  His wife was the daughter of a big time car dealer in Orlando.  The house on the front of the album was on Lake Ivanhoe.  The lesser abode was in the Parramore District.  That got Pat some heat in the local papers.  

I bought the small box fifty watt Marshall amp Pat used on Putting It Straight.  I sold it to a Marshall collector Brent Magnano.  

Years later, I had this guitar modified by my guitar guy Peter Taylor.  He's my guy to this day.  

ZDMBu8X.jpg

9 hours ago, scottcald said:

That Melody Maker is very cool.  Is that spec'd just like Pat's? 

As close as we could get.  Patent Applied for BadAss, Original pots and knobs, Antiquities and refretted.  Bought the guitar for under $500.  He played at an outdoor gig at a local bar about a year after I got it together.  He wanted to buy it.  I told him no.  

Pat just played hear in Cleveland with Vanilla Fudge. He was excellant. He did play some tunes from his new Big Band album. It was remakes of 30's or 40's music, maybe ragtime. He put his own spin on it. Didn't really like it, not my cup of tea,

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/30/2019 at 10:03 PM, The Shark said:

The first time I saw Pat, he was playing two nights back to back at the Great Southern Music Hall in Orlando.  It was also known as the Beacham Theatre from back in the early days.  I can't remember what songs were included on "Go For What You Know", but the shows were incredible.  Mars Cowling, Tommy Aldridge, and Pat Thrall accompanied Pat.  I was a junior in high school.

My buddy Chris Lukasik worked on all Pat's stuff from about 1984 until about 1990.  I remember Pat had just finished the album Hot Shot.  His wife was the daughter of a big time car dealer in Orlando.  The house on the front of the album was on Lake Ivanhoe.  The lesser abode was in the Parramore District.  That got Pat some heat in the local papers.  

I bought the small box fifty watt Marshall amp Pat used on Putting It Straight.  I sold it to a Marshall collector Brent Magnano.  

Years later, I had this guitar modified by my guitar guy Peter Taylor.  He's my guy to this day.  

ZDMBu8X.jpgn8GVmCy.jpg

5 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

Does Pat get free tickets to Iron Maiden concerts?  Does Pat ever drive down to Nicko McBrain's BBQ restaurant?

Pat had some "name" friends.  The Thin Lizzy boys showed up on occasion too.

The one time I saw him he looked like he hated being up there playing.  He threw a temper tantrum and started kicking his pedals all around and yelling at the crew, and IMHO he was using was using way too many pedals anyway.  That really soured me on seeing him live again.  I do wish I could have seen him when Pat Thrall or Jerry Riggs were with him - I love both of those guys.  I still listen to his albums occasionally too.

1 hour ago, tommy p said:

The one time I saw him he looked like he hated being up there playing.  He threw a temper tantrum and started kicking his pedals all around and yelling at the crew, and IMHO he was using was using way too many pedals anyway.  That really soured me on seeing him live again.  I do wish I could have seen him when Pat Thrall or Jerry Riggs were with him - I love both of those guys.  I still listen to his albums occasionally too.

He was very laid back and humble for this show.  I am thinking running a Helix through a clean amp must have improved his chi.  

Archived