Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NGD NHC

original story:

This isn't a Hamer, and it isn't what I ordered either. Gorgeous guitar but it appears to be the only one that was ever built with a pattern thin neck which I can't deal with.  It's going back. 

updated happy ending:

So the whole story is, I ordered this and as I was opening the case I noticed the hang tag that said the neck was a "Pattern Thin", in other words, a skinny PRS neck.  I never actually even felt of the neck as I was concerned that I was going to have to return the guitar because it was incorrect.  When I contacted PRS, they verified that the hang tag was incorrect.  Just to be safe, I grabbed a set of calipers to verify this and it turns out they were correct. The hang tag was mislabeled and I actually got what I ordered. I just finished a bonding session with it and the only way I can describe it is, exactly what I wanted.

216440538.png

Check that,  I just got a message back from the PRS CS and they stated that the hang tag was incorrect and this has a Pattern neck.  I haven't played it because I thought I was sending it back.  So just to satisfy my curiosity, I broke out the calipers and it was indeed a Pattern.  Now I can't wait to take it home and play it.  

30 minutes ago, Gabe said:

But I like the f-hole!

Gabe 😀

I have always enjoyed the f-hole.  I think it may have been my original motivation for being a musician.

I need another f-hole in my life. Haven’t had one since selling my Artist korina years ago...

11 hours ago, Mr. Dave said:

Amazing top.  just out of interest roughly what percentage of the body is cavity on the F-hole models?

The upper wing only as far as I can tell.  It weighs 7 lbs.

Archived