Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Looking For an SD 'Pearly Gates'

If anyone has a spare one of these with black bobbins for the bridge position (non-'F' spaced, for a fixed-bridge guitar) please don't be backwards in coming forwards.  Once I change it out I'll have an SD 'JB' for the bridge position spare if anyone might be looking for one..

I've got a non-logo, zebra PG that I'm replacing in my Fernandes V as such:

IMG_0827.JPG

The shipping cost might not be worth the purchase (a pickup set to Sao Paulo cost $26, ouch). PM me if you have any questions.

Hi,

Sorry for my tardy reply and thanks for your very reasonable offer, I'd have been more than happy to have bought the pickup from you but I need it for a deep-blue coloured Archtop  If my archtop was one of the more commonly seen light golden/yellow ones a zebra pickup would have been fine, the SD '59 Hamer used to fit in the neck position on those often was a zebra too, but unfortunately it wouldn't look so good on this blue one, I think the white coil would stand out somewhat.  It's looking more like I'll have to stump up for a new one, C'est la vie.  Pity Hamer used to fit that 'JB' in the bridge position, it's got a way higher output than the '59 so it's a bit of a mismatch really. Thanks for getting in touch,   Dave

Archived