Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Reverb Guitar shipping boxes

Dutchman

Yes, they're very good, but the "knock" on them is that they are shipped to you folded in half.
Once you unfold one for use and pack the guitar within, it's not an issue.  It's not like it's going to fold itself back up en route.
I purchased 3 of the 52" x 20" x 8" ones - $35 shipped. They're good for larger cases and were perfect for the Gretsch 6120 and Gibson Explorer I recently sold.

As an alternative, and more "fitting" for smaller Fender and Les Paul sized cases, I purchased 3 of these - also $35 shipped.
They're 18" x 6" x 45" and high quality.  They ship unfolded, but the knock on them is that shipping takes a long time, and seemingly for no reason.
They shipped from Lyndhurst, NJ, which is about 20 miles from my house, but it took them 9 days to ship them and three days to travel the 20 miles. Saying "I could have walked faster" is not hyperbole in this case.

Unf’ing belieavable... not a guitar box to be had in Sioux Falls... UPS FEDEX, Guitar Center, pawn shops .... nothing.... thank for the review on the Reverb boxes kiz!! I had better get some of each!!

4 hours ago, Hbom said:

Any body tried the Aeris Guitar Shipping System? Looks too complicated (and spendy) for an old geezer but guys might feel different.

https://www.stewmac.com/Materials_and_Supplies/Accessories/Aeris_Guitar_Shipping_System/

Trogly did a pretty good review on this. He was generally positive on the system, especially for guitars without cases. When you factor shipping in, even if you buy a 10 pack, it's a little pricey and I have an abundance of boxes and materials. So I haven't taken the plunge. But if I knew I'd be shipping several guitars in the next year or so, I'd probably get some.

You might try a furniture or appliance store. I've made guitar boxes up from large pieces of cardboard from big boxes like that. Not as easy as store bought, but it will get you where your going.

1 hour ago, Crwth145 said:

You DID try your local FedEx Office outlets, right?

None of our local FedEx shipping hubs stock the 50x20x8 box, but ALL of our local FedEx Office outlets do -- about $13/box... FWIW  

I did!! I thought it was a no brainer go buy a box and ship. I ended up using a acoustic box I had been holding in case the acoustic sells. U Line was the last hope.  

Having guitar shipping boxes shipped to your house reminds me of a line from an early Laurie Anderson performance:

I bought a waste paper basket and carried it home in a paper bag.  And when I go home, I put the paper bag inter waste paper basket.

... or something like that.

Archived