Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Where all the "WILD"woods are?

Scarab85

Here's a strange question I guess. If I get this wrong, I apologize but I think it was Wildwood guitars that carried Hamers and were a dealer. I remember seeing a bunch of really cool custom Standards and Vectors that were crazy cool. There were some insane curly maple topped bound and crowned Standards with ebony fretboards I believe. All different kinds of variations if my memory is correct. I think there was even some bound Korina Vectors. My question to the group is, where did these guitars go? Obviously sold but did anyone here buy them? I don't see any really cool ones for sale like those. There have been some good ones but the post about the Standard market value got me thinking about this. I also agree that it's been sort of quiet in terms of really killer Hamers for sale. Seems like tax time there were some out there. I swooped one at that time. Not a lot of Standards and old Vectors. Surprisingly seems like a lot of the 95 Korina Standards have been posting this year. Weird.

Maybe it's better there aren't a lot out there. Would be very tempting and bad for the bank account....

If anyone has pictures of one of those old Wildwood custom Hamers, it would be great to see here (even if they aren't for sale 😀). Thanks.

10 hours ago, Thundersteel said:

Roxy Guitar still has some NOS Hamers. 

Roxy Guitar

I think they’ll have them for most of our lifetimes.

I’m in Lexington a good bit visiting my son, and Willcutt has only had 2-3 in the last 4 years in there.  One was an unsold Studio Custom and one was a used (uh...”Used”, rather) Improv.

9 hours ago, ksmjc1969 said:

My artist custom quilt was ordered through them sorry for the small picture you can see the tag in the cavity . 

BF8EA16E-7EBB-4FE5-81DE-A467C6C13052.jpeg

FB2218BE-823F-48FE-87E5-49CB81E91D87.jpeg

That is a lovely Artist!!!

Archived