Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Beautiful guitar in every way.................... some may not like the "VICTORY" inlays but WOW! what a top on this one !

That top may not pop as much in real life as it does under flash photography.

To get that PRS pop at all times it would have to be double stained, which Jol was completely against.   The only example I know of Hamer doing a double stained top was for Eastcoast Music Mall to get Ed Roman to become a dealer. 

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

To get that PRS pop at all times it would have to be double stained, which Jol was completely against.   The only example I know of Hamer doing a double stained top was for Eastcoast Music Mall to get Ed Roman to become a dealer. 

spacer.png

Wow, talk about selling one's soul to the Devil!  Maybe that's why Hamer had problems down the road...

That is pretty cool,  not unreasonably priced either

I used to ask Jol about staining at the open houses.    He definitely wasn't a proponent of it.

Then later... he opened it up to staining the black trans guitars  (that look didn't blow me away).    

I'm not sure whether the problem was not staining,  or that Hamer was trying

to shoehorn buyers to a higher end model,  or at the very least, a $400 upcharge for nice tops,

and in doing so,   put a lot of guitars in the market (FM Specials,  studios in '59 burst)  that had

average tops.   IMHO at least    I guess he wanted to be true to nature of the wood,  but how far

does that get you when PRS is blasting the market with eye popping tops.    

BTW   How much was a billet of AAAA stuff in the 90’s.  $50?         

I tell ya, this is such a nice guitar... And it's an outright crime that a comprable Les Paul "if you can find one" would be over 7K+... and I would still bet that this guitar would be better in every possible way... the chosin Woods, Hardware, Electrics, Build quality, attention to detail & playability...

Hamer rules! 🤘

Archived