Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 1990 USA Cali in "Neon Chartreuse".

On 10/10/2019 at 11:50 AM, Stike said:

Surprised Jim didn't list it here? Guessing he thought no one would pay more than treefiddy?🤣

Given the myriad misgivings expressed hereon re: my penchant for unique modifications and buggering up rare guitars, I figured it was a waste of time.

@Kalessin- almost got my dander up. I totally missed the bit at the bottom. ;) Stike did an amazing job with the finish and Josh Gravelin totally hooked me up with that custom build JV Special Mongoose. 

3 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Ummm, he didn't... He said it was "ridiculous"ly cool

Ah missed that down at the bottom.. Thanks for the heads up. Fixed. :)

On 10/10/2019 at 12:08 PM, Studio Custom said:

It will take a very specialized buyer given the color combo and assortment of modifications. 

Tru dat. But they will be richly rewarded for their discerning taste in 80's schlock. ;)

21 minutes ago, essgee said:

I love it!  And I’m not ashamed to say it!

You, sir, are a man of character and integrity. ;)

Thanks!

Altho it’s not a guitar for me now, to old and fat. But there was a time I’d of been tickled pink to rock a guitar like this one. Great job on the build!!! I enjoyed watching you build it!! Thanks for sharing that and GLWTS!!

1 hour ago, Dave Scepter said:

Please excuse me for my ignorance but is this a parts guitar?.. a custom replica? Where's the neck pickup?.. Or a modified Cali?

Nope. This was a custom one pickup order. It had a blade switch that somehow impacted the Bartolini that was in there. It's been fully Diablo-cized (read: buggered) with new everything. Gravelin JV Special Mongoose, 500K CTS pot, Schaller trem, new SS jumbo frets, Dunlop strap locks, momentary killswitch, paint by Stike.

image.png

14 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

So is this the beginning of the dismantling of the reverse headstock Cali collection?  

Could be.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:52 AM, diablo175 said:

Ah missed that down at the bottom.. Thanks for the heads up. Fixed. :)

One of my all-time favourite Hamers. :) Really stunningly modded. 

It'd take me a long while to pick up the wardrobe, the musical tastes, and the very particular set of skills, that a guitar like this deserves. :( 

1 minute ago, Kalessin said:

One of my all-time favourite Hamers. :) Really stunningly modded. 

It'd take me a long while to pick up the wardrobe, the musical tastes, and the very particular set of skills, that a guitar like this deserves. :( 

Thanks!

I'm WELL beyond being eligible for the wardrobe and I'm still working on the skill sets. ;) 

This guitar is the real deal and I’m amazed it’s still for sale.  The mods are in keeping with the guitars character and there really can’t be many single humbucker Cali’s out there.

Add to that a Stike finish which is as good as it gets...

On 10/15/2019 at 2:59 PM, DBraz said:

This guitar is the real deal and I’m amazed it’s still for sale.  The mods are in keeping with the guitars character and there really can’t be many single humbucker Cali’s out there.

Add to that a Stike finish which is as good as it gets...

You don't have to convince us, just your wife. 

Archived