Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Teaser, NHD.

Disturber

Something popped up, unexpectedly. (Like you ever would expect a 78 Custom Sunburst to just pop up....).

I found this one in Copenhagen, Denmark. Sent the seller an email. She responded that she did not want to ship the guitar. I was abroad on a trip, but she kindly agreed to hold it for me until I could work something out. This Saturday I jumped on a train at 06:20 a.m. Five hours later I was in Copenhagen and met the lovely Camilla, who had inherited the guitar. From a guy who had approx 200 vintage guitars. She did not get all of them, but she also got a 1954 tele, a Gibson es335 sunburst from 1967, a Gibson les Paul custom from 1955, Gibson les Paul SG from 1962 and a Gibson les Paul reissue from 1994. (These are all for sale, except for the 1954 Tele. Not cheap, but if anyone is interested I can set you in contact with her).

I got to try the guitar out at her home, got to look at some other cool old guitars and her husband fixed me some coffee. Just great people. Then they drove me back to the station and I took the train back, on the same day. Guitar safari at it's best. 

I will post more pics as soon. But this early 78 Sunburst Custom is in great condition. Frets are good, no repairs, the b&c neck is dead straight. And the neck shape is very similar to the great 1995 Hamer neck carves that I love. 

y4mKvrfWTtYlL72UJepoBgGcl7L78hVQG1S-VMen

11 minutes ago, HamStd said:

Mattias, 

Please email me at [email protected].   Would like to learn more.

Thanks

Peter

Peter. The Yoda of Hamer Guitars! I will mail you! Cheers!!!! 👿😄

WOW! and Congrats! Quite a great little treasure chest of guitars they have! You got a great one..................a 78 Hamer Sunburst B&C'd, a VERY uncommon guitar [Like you didn't know that already:lol:] I can't wait to see photos of 8  0409!:wub:

Yes, congrats!  This sounds like a great experience/adventure for a guitar.  Always better when it's nice folks like those to deal with.  And to top it off, they brought you back to the train. Couldn't get better.  Can't wait to see photos.  

Archived