Hamer Fan Club Message Center

PSA: 2009 Gibson Gary Moore BFG Les Paul At DGS

59 minutes ago, 0054 said:

Two. no, now three things here.

That is a cool, cool guitar.

Crunchee at the very least, there has to be at DGS headquarters, a patron saint of no afil with your picture!! 

The HFC Enabler!

Yes, I do like to enable, but I also have a decent memory of what gear and/or players and/or topics get mentioned here on the HFC;  Gary Moore is a favorite of a few people here from what I've seen, and as good of an example that I can think of at the moment, enabler-wise.

If I could find a vintage/used guitar shop that sells gear at relatively reasonable prices, and with a constantly changing selection and wide variety of gear as DGS has/gets, that isn't DGS, I'd go to them, too.  :rolleyes: :lol: 

I'm a big Gary Moore fan, but that guitar doesn't represent the tone he got from his '59 Peter Green Les Paul. I liked the Heritage Gary Moore signature guitar far better than the Gibson BFG Garry Moore signature guitar. Not my cup of tea, but it's a great deal on a Gibson BFG guitar.

Guitar George

4 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

Anybody ever see such mismatched woods on a Hamer?XM1gUc5.jpg

It could have been worse, it coulda been a three-piece back or more...at least it's mahogany, but yeah, it shouldn't have been difficult to find body blanks with at least a similar grain to each other, one side or the other.  At least they didn't try to hide it with paint.

That's the best asking price I've seen on one of those.  I have a regular BFG from the first run.  It's light and toneful, I'd recommend it to anyone.  Gary Moore was a god among men.

Archived