Hamer Fan Club Message Center
hamerhead

Get well soon, gtrdaddy!

Prayers for you Jamie!  Rest & Recover well !

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all of your kind words and support guys! It means a lot to me. 

I have a genetic blood clotting disorder called Factor V Leiden Mutation, which makes me prone to clot unnecessarily, a dangerous condition. I almost died five years ago from it. I had a bi-lateral pulmonary emboli with dozens of clots in each lung. I take warfarin (blood thinner) as a prophylactic. I come off of the warfarin five days prior to any procedures and take another drug as a bridge before and after procedures.  I had an upper-endoscopy and colonoscopy done to remove a few polyps last week. There was a problem with the bridge med and two days after the procedure I began hemorrhaging internally. I didn’t know until I’d already been bleeding for two days. I woke up one morning, stood up to walk to the bathroom and fainted. I passed out every time I stood up. I had a movement that was black and tarry and I knew immediately I was bleeding internally. Off to the hospital I went,  I wound up needing a blood transfusion.  I’m home now, but on bed rest, being monitored and will hopefully be back to normal by next week. Right now I just feel like hammered shit. It’s the oddest feeling of fatigue I’ve ever experienced after losing a lot of blood. I don’t recommend it. 

I have to say, seeing this thread and everyone’s good-wishes really warms the heart. I just love you guys! HFC RULES!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7
  • Sad 1

Sorry for you Jamie! That’s a heavy burden you have to shoulder. Take it positive. Some guys never come to see this kind of threads. We love to have you here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WOW one day away and **** happens! Get well soon!!!

arniez

Edited by ArnieZ
  • Thanks 1

Get well soon, Jamie. Ptraying.

HFC is a special place!

Edited by 0054
  • Thanks 1

Glad you're home. Sounds like you made all the right moves.

Heres to a speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1

Yikes!! This is what happens when I don't check in often enough. Jamie, you have to get well soon. Who else is going to mentor me re: equipment? Feel better my friend and I'll call you in a few days. All the best.

• Thanks 1

Glad you're back at home.  Now follow orders and get back to normal!  Thanks for checking in to let us know.  The HFC is a better place with you in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Glad you're back at home, Jamie. Reminds me that my bout with influenza this week is small potatoes compared to others' maladies. Rest well, my friend. 

• Thanks 1

Being laid up and feeling bad ought to make for some "interesting" posts for the next day or two. 

• Haha 1

Wish you a speedy recovery.:)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

Glad you're back at home, Jamie. Reminds me that my bout with influenza this week is small potatoes compared to others' maladies. Rest well, my friend. 

You too! 

You need to stick around because you're the glue that keeps us all together...

Live long!🖖

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Prayed for you - get well soon!!

• Thanks 1

Best wishes to you, Jamie!  Get well soon!  I too have Factor 5, discovered a few years ago when I had a DVT.  On Xarelto for life.  Hoping you are feeling better.

• Thanks 1

Holy cow! I take a day off from the HFC and look what happens.  I’ve been thinking of DMing you on the hi-fi front, but been too busy listening to a new toy (based on your recommendations to my brother) to get around to it.

get well soon and take care of yourself!

• Thanks 1

Get well soon, my friend. 

My thoughts are with you!

Gabe

• Thanks 1

Glad to hear, Jamie!

• Thanks 1

Glad to read of your continued recovery. Yikes!

• Thanks 1