Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Booker T. & the MGs

mudshark

Some of the first songs I learned as a boy and they where always bar favorites. Love Steve’s tone on that clip!! Sounds like musician/guitar/cable/amp!! Tone to the bone!!

Every single wedding reception I DJ gets Green Onions during the cocktail hour... if the wedding party plays their cards right, they will get “Time Is Tight” on the way out as the reception is ending.

Steve Cropper is prolly my number one influence... I use sliding sixths on every tune.

Oh man I love me some Booker T & The MGs. We play the long version of Time Is Tight in my band. We have the long intro down but are still working on nailing the extended ending. For now we just do a standard Blues Brother ending until we get it down. Thanks for sharing.

Green Onions came out just as I was making the transition from keys to guitar: I could play either part.  When I'd break it out at home my five-foot-nothin' doghouse jazz bass-playin' mom would come in from the kitchen and get her summa dat.

My younger brother was a great composer, arranger and keyboardist who would build some pretty sophisticated compositions on what was, by today's standards,  some pretty rudimentary MIDI gear.  Before he'd commit stuff to an album he'd send it to me for critique, criticism and advice. He sent me one once that sounded waaay to close for comfort to Green Onions.  I told him about it and the boy had no idea what that was.  I had to take him in a corner and edjimicate him.

Archived