Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Purchase of a Hamer

gtownblues

Question

17 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

On that point, weren't pizza day finishes and Hameritis, Connecticut based innovations? 

Not entirely.  I had a '95 Eclipse that suffered from that plague.

I have a P90 Korina and a Humbucker Artist’s. That’s pretty much all I play due to the weight!! They both sound awesome. The p90 has Lollar vintage wounds in it and the Humbucker model has custom wound pup’s by Josh that kick ass!!

14 hours ago, gtownblues said:

Thanks for the replies, that pretty much made my mind up. Calling the shop now.

My Partscaster and LP Special haven't been touched since I got my 2001 Artist Custom back in April! You won't regret adding one to the family!

On 10/17/2019 at 8:12 AM, Steve Haynie said:

The quality will be the best you can get.  Hamer quality continually improved. 

What Steve said. They were at the top of their game at the end.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, Studio Custom said:

On that point, weren't pizza day finishes and Hameritis, Connecticut based innovations? 

I have two pre-Connecticut and one early Connecticut Hamers with Hameritis. A 1995 Duotone, a 1994 FM LE, and a 1998 Phantom Custom.

On 10/17/2019 at 8:09 AM, gtownblues said:

Is a 2005 Hamer Artist a safe, quality wise, purchase, or should I be looking for pre 2000 Hamers. The Artist is light and tempting as my back is really screwed.

Wide, sueded, and padded Levy's guitar straps go a long way toward creating a comfortable guitar stance. The wide strap distributes the weight on your shoulder, the padding keeps it from cutting into your shoulder, the suede backing helps hold the guitar in place and minimizes neck dive. If you have back/neck problems, the right Levy's strap is easily worth the money.

I have collapsed discs, thinning spinal fluid, and a 50-year-old shoulder separation, so I know how the Levy's straps can make 4-hour sets possible and virtually pain-free.

spacer.png

Archived