Hamer Fan Club Message Center

In the Tampa area for the week; recommendations?

Biz Prof

I'm conscripted to be part of site visiting team auditing a state college in the area just north of Tampa. This feckless shite will persist for the week. My questions are:

1. IF (a huge "IF") I have a few hours to kill on Friday, are there any must-see guitar shops?

2. I'll have at least a couple of nights on my own for dinner.  Any recommendations (my hotel is the Residence Inn north of the city at the junction of Suncoast Pkwy and 54) for good restaurants within reasonable Uber distance?

Thanks,

Jon

1 hour ago, Biz Prof said:

I'm conscripted to be part of site visiting team auditing a state college in the area just north of Tampa. This feckless shite will persist for the week. My questions are:

1. IF (a huge "IF") I have a few hours to kill on Friday, are there any must-see guitar shops?

2. I'll have at least a couple of nights on my own for dinner.  Any recommendations (my hotel is the Residence Inn north of the city at the junction of Suncoast Pkwy and 54) for good restaurants within reasonable Uber distance?

Thanks,

Jon

What do you like?  There is a few options toward the interstate area on 54 for food.

9 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

There has got to a Waffle House nearby, the latter you go the more interesting the visit I hear.  

Biz Prof lives in NC, we have WaHo's a plenty here already.

56 minutes ago, Stike said:

Biz Prof lives in NC, we have WaHo's a plenty here already.

"A plenty" is a term they use at the Beacon Drive In in Spartanburg, SC for their sandwich plates.  If they have not trademarked "a plenty" they should have since they are known for it. 

I just bring this up so we can keep our southern restaurants straight as this thread goes off on all the different food places. 

For Cuban food and sightseeing, I'd go to Ybor City.  It's been a while since I was there, but I have great memories. 

On 10/20/2019 at 7:58 PM, Biz Prof said:

Thanks,

Jon

Copyright infringement!  You'll be hearing from the lawyer for my band, Feckless Shite.

Archived