Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Sign in to follow this  
Eli

PSA: Safari red scarab on reverb

I saw that. Would have been way better without the pickguard and chrome Kahler. Black hardware is much better looking on these I think. Not sure if EMG's are original. I know a friend of mine had EMG's in his but can't remember if that was factory or not. Red and black zulu is really cool though.

They didn’t have Scarab IIs in 1984... in 1984 they would have had a Floyd Rose and one pickup... this is either a weird sort of transition between the Scarab I and II, was factory modified or was a custom order since the serial numbers look legit.

It’s pretty beat as far as the paint job goes.

knobs and toggle are swapped, toggle should be on the bottom... locking nut has been replaced with a Pro nut.

Edited by zenmindbeginner
  • Like 2

I get it that most guitarists generally aren't as knowledgeable about Hamers as those on here but red tiger stripes? 🤔

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, zenmindbeginner said:

They didn’t have Scarab IIs in 1984... in 1984 they would have had a Floyd Rose and one pickup... this is either a weird sort of transition between the Scarab I and II, was factory modified or was a custom order since the serial numbers look legit.

It’s pretty beat as far as the paint job goes.

knobs and toggle are swapped, toggle should be on the bottom... locking nut has been replaced with a Pro nut.

It would appear somewhere along its journey, an owner viewed it a s tool and modified to suit their needs.   Given that, and the wear, I think $700 is the high side on this one. 

• Like 1