Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Austin Guitar Shops

1 hour ago, Marvelicious said:

I'm going to be in Austin for a few days. I don't think I'll have a ton of time available, but I like to hit guitar shops in different cities when I can. Any high points in Austin? Pretty much just interested in used and vintage... Guitar Center is the same everywhere.

Check out The Guitar Sanctuary in McKinney. About ten minutes from Austin, one of the Most elaborate, and coolest guitar shops in the country!

https://www.theguitarsanctuary.com/ 

36 minutes ago, RobB said:

Why? You can look at overpriced guitars anywhere. Austin’s the the state capitol. Lotsa history to be had there. 

Yes, but there are other things to see anywhere... I travel quite a bit and this is one of the things I like to check out in different cities. I can get pretty reliable results with Google for "Things to see in Austin", but it takes a little more digging to avoid wasting time going to guitar shops loaded with the complete new Fender line-up.

13 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Check out The Guitar Sanctuary in McKinney. About ten minutes from Austin, one of the Most elaborate, and coolest guitar shops in the country!

https://www.theguitarsanctuary.com/ 

That looks like it's about ten minutes from Dallas, not Austin. Looks cool, but that's a bit of a drive.

6 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

That looks like it's about ten minutes from Dallas, not Austin. Looks cool, but that's a bit of a drive.

My wires are crossed tonight. Never mind me! I have Dallas on my mind, the Cowboys are going to rout my N.Y. Giants on Monday.

35 minutes ago, Marvelicious said:

Yes, but there are other things to see anywhere... I travel quite a bit and this is one of the things I like to check out in different cities. I can get pretty reliable results with Google for "Things to see in Austin", but it takes a little more digging to avoid wasting time going to guitar shops loaded with the complete new Fender line-up.

OK, gotcha. When I travel, the last thing on my mind is going guitar hunting. That's just me. I guess I shouldn't project that onto others.

1 hour ago, RobB said:

OK, gotcha. When I travel, the last thing on my mind is going guitar hunting. That's just me. I guess I shouldn't project that onto others.

It takes all kinds, for sure... for instance, you'd have to literally nail me to my seat to get me to hold still through a whole football game (whether American or that other style where they don't use their hands...), but obviously I'm outnumbered there!

The sights I really like to see are more along the line of wilderness and natural beauty, but I do go for the occasional historical highlight. I also have favorite restaurants scattered around the country. As far as the guitar shops go, It's really less about actually hunting for any kind of a deal than it is about seeing the odd cool thing that I've never seen before.

Austin Vintage Guitars for a great selection of vintage guitars & amps and new Fender products. Austin Guitar House for the over priced boutique amps and art guitars. South Austin Music for the eclectic used guitars & amps. Guitar Resurrection for some nice upper end guitars and amps and some typically nice used stuff. This list is in the order of which you should visit first. 

Archived