Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Ian Anderson Flying V No Longer For Sale

Under seven pounds.  The more "yellow" pics are what it looks like now.  The nitro aged quite quickly.  The guitar sounds fantastic and plays great.  Brazilian rosewood board.  Ian's underwound PAF pickups.  The man is a genius builder and a terrible businessman.  A serious instrument.  MADE THE MISTAKE OF PLAYING IT AT PRACTICE.  NO LONGER FOR SALE...

K7eL08u.jpg

iiqn7lt.jpg

0kNoPgF.jpg

JsSu0BC.jpg

tpCOFTy.jpg

gnT4JVt.jpg

18 minutes ago, burningyen said:

Since it seems you all don't live on TGP, Ian Anderson is also the name of a luthier, not the same Ian Anderson from Tull.

Yes I know this however, I think it would be cool to see a Flying V shaped flute😆

...my shortcut in my brain was the other way round:

I was wondering, when and why (luthier) Ian A. would have cooperated with Hamer to get his name on the headstock. LOL.

Yes genius guitar builder but a business man he is not. I knew a guy that ordered a guitar from him and he waited............................................................................well you know that rest of the story.

53 minutes ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Yes genius guitar builder but a business man he is not. I knew a guy that ordered a guitar from him and he waited............................................................................well you know that rest of the story.

And this one's in the flesh.  No waiting...😉

No worries, gentlemen.  Ian's a piece of crap for sure.  He lied to me no less than 28 times about delivery dates.  I have it all in a "file".

The guitar, however, is stellar.  And I think I have a live one over at TGP!  We'll see...

That thing looks awesome! Great color!  I've always wanted a V.  Those are definitely top notch guitars, regardless of how the guy who made them operates. Worth Every penny.

On 10/30/2019 at 11:14 PM, RobB said:

Dang, dude. Rules are: don’t shit on FS posts. Delete yours, por favor. 

Not shitting on SHARK'S  "V" by my comment.................. the guitar IS stellar and like I said  its about the man ..................not the machine.

9 hours ago, ARM OF HAMER said:

Not shitting on SHARK'S  "V" by my comment..................that is the guitar stellar and like I said  its about the man ..................not the machine.

You're good with me, my friend.  Somebody's either going to buy it or they won't.  A little "discussion" never hurts.  Keeps the thread "relevant".  And you know I'll pipe up in one of your threads anyway!

Archived