Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Finally! A Hamer on my local CL. Unfortunately...

tommy p

41 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

You guys are such suckers.

His wife told him to sell the guitar, he said "yes dear". 

Now it is officially for sale.   She's off his ass and he gets to keep it.  Win-win.  

Everybody doesn’t have such bad taste in women...🤪😛😀

1 hour ago, Studio Custom said:

Now it is officially for sale.   She's off his ass and he gets to keep it.  Win-win.  

The only plausible non-drug-related explanation.

An old friend's dad did the same thing with his house when he owed a fair-sized slice to some bank or other.  I've never seen a house stay on the market for sooooooooo long!  if it isn't that with the guitar then a little of whatever he's been smoking might be good, for validation purposes, like :)

Like I have always said you can put any price on something for sale.......................but getting it...............well that is a whole different thing. How much is something worth?................what someone is willing to pay for it.

17 hours ago, crunchee said:

The thin neck profile on '91s keeps me away, regardless of the price.  <_<  Besides, like it's been said often here on the HFC, 'askin' ain't sellin'.

See the listing on Reverb for the mid 90s $4500 "Standard Archtop Custom," or whatever he's calling his run-of-the-mill Studio Custom now... but I get the impression that's someone looking for a sucker, not trying to keep the guitar through ludicrous pricing...

19 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

I was drooling all over a Daytona in a local shop one day.  MY wife said "when are you gonna buy it?" 🥰

13 minutes ago, Steve Haynie said:

Cool!  Do you have any episodes of Little House on the Prairie, monster truck shows, or Dorf videos? 

Somewhere in a box of cassettes and VHS tapes in my storage unit is a collection of Dukes of Hazzard, A-Team, and Knight Rider episodes from about 1985... taped over my sister's Little House episodes, though. Sorry.

ETA - There's also a tape of the premier and final 2 episodes of Magnum PI in that box... I bet I could trade that for a Dumble! (Or maybe a new strap... either way, its gotta be the most valuable and collectible thing I own!)

19 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

As soon as my collection of VHS tapes sells there will be enough money to buy that Sunburst.  We can see who waits the longest.

Before I bought that one........................... that Hamer Sunburst............................and threw $4,500.00 at it I'd be buying this one.https://reverb.com/item/13401366-1977-hamer-sunburst-0016-long-headstock-bound-and-crowned-w-ohsc

3 hours ago, Steve Haynie said:

That one looks like the bridge saddles are raised as high as possible and no shim is under the bridge.  Would it have left the factory that way? 

Maybe a previous owner took out the shim to increase the tonal transfer of bridge to body. You know, to enhance its acoustic voice...

Archived