Hamer Fan Club Message Center

looking for this RED SNAKESKIN guitar

Rick

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This RED SNAKESKIN reverse headstock guitar is vintage 1987. It was custom made for my brother who is now deceased. He sold it years ago and I am trying to locate it. Any help is greatly appreciated! Please network! My family would greatly appreciate any info.

10 minutes ago, Bennyboy-UK said:

So it’s a 1987 custom ordered chaparral, with a single pickup, boomerangs, reverse headstock and painted in red snakeskin/dragon skin by Jim O’Connor.

There can’t be many others like this one.

Great Job Benny!! You got it ID’d... Now to find it...

Yes, that’s exactly what this guitar is! My brother ordered it and truly loved it. He was a self-taught musician that played incredible rock ‘n’ roll. Hamer asked him if they could use the guitar in the add.  Company loved it too. I have been trying to find it ever since he passed away. I truly appreciate all the help!

On 10/30/2019 at 9:53 PM, Bennyboy-UK said:

So it’s a 1987 custom ordered chaparral, with a single pickup, boomerangs, reverse headstock and painted in red snakeskin/dragon skin by Jim O’Connor.

There can’t be many others like this one.

Definitely Red Snakeskin and NOT Red Dragonskin. Dragonskin has rounder, more irregular "scales". The overall pattern is also more random.

90chap6.jpg

5 hours ago, Andrew said:

Definitely Red Snakeskin and NOT Red Dragonskin. Dragonskin has rounder, more irregular "scales". The overall pattern is also more random.

90chap6.jpg

So that's what Dragonskin looks like huh?.. this is the first time I've ever seen this finished before... Almost looks like a Leopard print... very cool none-the-less! 7cmDRJf.png

You guys ROCK! I'm the most patient person you will ever meet. Definitely Snakeskin! he was very proud of that graphic. Thank you for teaching me about the difference in the pattern too! I really appreciate all your help everyone!!

Archived