Hamer Fan Club Message Center

looking for this RED SNAKESKIN guitar

Rick

1 hour ago, hamer-on said:

Thanks to Cynic for posting pics for me. A bit of background on the guitar. I bought it 10 years ago from Triple R guitar, Lemoyne PA. I believe from original owner.  The guitar has been well played. No wonder because it sounds great and the neck is perfect. It has a characteristic ding on the lower horn. Apparently it was caused by...a brick being thrown thru the original owners bedroom window by an angry girlfriend, hitting the innocent guitar sitting on its stand.  Does any of this ring a bell? Also found I still have the strap that came with it. Red with strap locks. Never thought about selling it. But it has been sitting in the case with a broken string for a while.

The picture he posted has a red strap.  With it only being a 5 string, I’ll give you $50 to take it off your hands.  

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who recalls the HFC story maaaaannnny years ago from BCR Greg about a snowblower inadvertantly hitting and launching a decorative rock through a large living room window and then through a glass coffee table?

Maybe this guitar was near that table? LOL

13 hours ago, hamer-on said:

It looks like we have a match!! Rick I will be in touch. Hope to work something out with the guitar. 

If you guys have trouble working out a deal, I will donate $100 towards the cause to make this happen.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This is the greatest forum I’ve ever been a part of. I’ve been around a few and I always come back to the HFC

These are the stories that make me glad/proud to be a part of this. 

That is the guitar in the catalog.   Randy Robertson got it when he worked at Wray's Music in Lemoyne, Pa.   When he left Wray's he started his own shop across the street called Triple R guitar.   We lost him to cancer last year.   

Just a follow up on this thread. I exchanged email with the person looking for this guitar. I indicated I would sell it for a reasonable price. Unfortunately received an offer for less than I paid 10 years ago, and way less than it might go for today. I suggested that they research ebay or reverb to understand the current value. I never heard anything back.
Although I was not planning to sell, I would sell to the former owner’s relatives—seems the good Karma thing to do! However I am not into any guitar drama.
I am not greedy, being a jerk or trying to take advantage of the situation. Just hoping to sell it for somewhat close to what it is worth to a Hamer-fan like myself. Was not planning to sell it until I saw the original post.
Guitars are toys, or tools-if you got the skills. I play to release stress.

1 hour ago, hamer-on said:

Just a follow up on this thread. I exchanged email with the person looking for this guitar. I indicated I would sell it for a reasonable price. Unfortunately received an offer for less than I paid 10 years ago, and way less than it might go for today. I suggested that they research ebay or reverb to understand the current value. I never heard anything back.
Although I was not planning to sell, I would sell to the former owner’s relatives—seems the good Karma thing to do! However I am not into any guitar drama.
I am not greedy, being a jerk or trying to take advantage of the situation. Just hoping to sell it for somewhat close to what it is worth to a Hamer-fan like myself. Was not planning to sell it until I saw the original post.
Guitars are toys, or tools-if you got the skills. I play to release stress.

Exactly as I expected.  

Archived