Jump to content
Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Rick

looking for this RED SNAKESKIN guitar

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, hamer-on said:

Thanks to Cynic for posting pics for me. A bit of background on the guitar. I bought it 10 years ago from Triple R guitar, Lemoyne PA. I believe from original owner.  The guitar has been well played. No wonder because it sounds great and the neck is perfect. It has a characteristic ding on the lower horn. Apparently it was caused by...a brick being thrown thru the original owners bedroom window by an angry girlfriend, hitting the innocent guitar sitting on its stand.  Does any of this ring a bell? Also found I still have the strap that came with it. Red with strap locks. Never thought about selling it. But it has been sitting in the case with a broken string for a while.

 

The picture he posted has a red strap.  With it only being a 5 string, I’ll give you $50 to take it off your hands.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

                                                                      VERY COOL! Hoping it is "THE ONE" and if so that it all works out.  What a  great place the HFC  is!............like no other!

Edited by ARM OF HAMER
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I noticed that red strap as well.

Both patterns line up identical to my eyes -- highly unlikely unless stenciled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who recalls the HFC story maaaaannnny years ago from BCR Greg about a snowblower inadvertantly hitting and launching a decorative rock through a large living room window and then through a glass coffee table?

Maybe this guitar was near that table? LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

The picture he posted has a red strap.  With it only being a 5 string, I’ll give you $50 to take it off your hands.  

I would consider $50, plus a Hamer SS a cool trade. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hamer-on said:

I would consider $50, plus a Hamer SS a cool trade. 

If I only would still have an SS I would have been very interested. Very cool guitar and great story here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like we have a match!! Rick I will be in touch. Hope to work something out with the guitar. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great! Been searching for his guitar for sometime now and am glad it has been found. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh boy! I love a happy ending!

 

image.png

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Oh boy! I love a happy ending!

 

image.png

So did Robert Kraft...

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, diablo175 said:

Oh boy! I love a happy ending!

 

image.png

Three of the best bullet points I've ever read.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ed Rechts said:

 

joesAfag.png

You masturbate to that a lot we see.  Your dick must be as tough as a catcher's mitt, or is that your anus? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The girl in the ad does not look real.  Are they renting rooms and dolls? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, hamer-on said:

It looks like we have a match!! Rick I will be in touch. Hope to work something out with the guitar. 

If you guys have trouble working out a deal, I will donate $100 towards the cause to make this happen.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. This is the greatest forum I’ve ever been a part of. I’ve been around a few and I always come back to the HFC

These are the stories that make me glad/proud to be a part of this. 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Studio Custom said:

You masturbate to that a lot we see.  Your dick must be as tough as a catcher's mitt, or is that your anus? 

Eh?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DBraz said:

Eh?

Right? Perhaps a little too detailed... someone gave that a lot of thought. Li

  • Haha 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis, thank you for the offer. I hope we can make it happen and yes this is a cool forum. Saying a prayer

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rick said:

Saying a prayer

Ha!.. no pressure 😆

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is the guitar in the catalog.   Randy Robertson got it when he worked at Wray's Music in Lemoyne, Pa.   When he left Wray's he started his own shop across the street called Triple R guitar.   We lost him to cancer last year.   

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a follow up on this thread. I exchanged email with the person looking for this guitar. I indicated I would sell it for a reasonable price. Unfortunately received an offer for less than I paid 10 years ago, and way less than it might go for today. I suggested that they research ebay or reverb to understand the current value. I never heard anything back.
Although I was not planning to sell, I would sell to the former owner’s relatives—seems the good Karma thing to do! However I am not into any guitar drama.
I am not greedy, being a jerk or trying to take advantage of the situation. Just hoping to sell it for somewhat close to what it is worth to a Hamer-fan like myself. Was not planning to sell it until I saw the original post.
Guitars are toys, or tools-if you got the skills. I play to release stress.
 

 

  • Like 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hamer-on said:

I never heard anything back.

I can't shake my piggy bank and type at the same time either.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hamer-on said:

Just a follow up on this thread. I exchanged email with the person looking for this guitar. I indicated I would sell it for a reasonable price. Unfortunately received an offer for less than I paid 10 years ago, and way less than it might go for today. I suggested that they research ebay or reverb to understand the current value. I never heard anything back.
Although I was not planning to sell, I would sell to the former owner’s relatives—seems the good Karma thing to do! However I am not into any guitar drama.
I am not greedy, being a jerk or trying to take advantage of the situation. Just hoping to sell it for somewhat close to what it is worth to a Hamer-fan like myself. Was not planning to sell it until I saw the original post.
Guitars are toys, or tools-if you got the skills. I play to release stress.
 

 

Exactly as I expected.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t want to sell it for $700. I bought it for more, got the frets done and made the floyd right. I don’t know the person who sold it to me. 
It is a great sounding bad ass Hamer.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...