Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Rick

looking for this RED SNAKESKIN guitar

I have not heard back. He always regreted  selling it. As far as I know, he didn’t have the opportunity to buy it back as his other needs were greater than this guitar. I. Dont know how much he sold it for but am more than willing to be fair in trying to get it back to our family. I would still feel the same way about it if it was a $100 guitar. Its meaningful to us because it resented a great time in his life, a purchase he was very proud of. Selling it was something he did not take lightly. His sister and I would have bought it if we had known.  He worked very hard in his life and was well loved. This guitar would always remain in our family. 

And I do not expect anyone to give the guitar away. I just want the opportunity to reach a fair aggreement. 

• Like 1

Well-put, Rick. Given that the deal is not happening, I'd suggest deleting this thread before it gets heated into stupidity by well-meaning bystanders. If you manage to work out a purchase with the owner off of the HFC board, log back in with an update post to let the membership know all is well.

That's what I'd do, anyway.

• Like 5

Hamer forum, I want to take a minute to thank all of you for your help locating my Brother in laws Red Snakeskin Chap and a SPECIAL thanks to Hamer-on for his help and generosity in reuniting this guitar with Randy's  family. We reached a deal and I want all of you guys to know how much I appreciate him, and the awesome care he gave this cherished instrument  and how much I appreciate this forum. It would have never happened with out all of you. My family is grateful to Hamer-on and to all of you. I just wanted to round back and let you all know the outcome. God bless all of you thank you once again!! Just Crazy!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Rick said:

Hamer forum, I want to take a minute to thank all of you for your help locating my Brother in laws Red Snakeskin Chap and a SPECIAL thanks to Hamer-on for his help and generosity in reuniting this guitar with Randy's  family. We reached a deal and I want all of you guys to know how much I appreciate him, and the awesome care he gave this cherished instrument  and how much I appreciate this forum. It would have never happened with out all of you. My family is grateful to Hamer-on and to all of you. I just wanted to round back and let you all know the outcome. God bless all of you thank you once again!! Just Crazy!

That is absolutely fantastic.  I’m over the moon for you.  A great news story for the beginning of 2020.  

Is it going to be hung on a wall?  Put in a cabinet for people to view?  I hope it doesn’t remain cased under a bed!  

• Like 5

We are going to place the guitar on a wall with pictures of Randy around it! Our way of celebrating him and his life! Maybe take it down every once in to fill the room with its sweet sound. And again, thank you all and special thanks to Hamer-on, whose generosity made this happen!

• Like 8

11 hours ago, DBraz said:

A great news story for the beginning of 2020.  

Agreed. Huge shout out to hamer-on for letting it happen!

Congrats on getting it back, Rick. Sometimes it's just a matter of finding the right haystack.

• Like 4

Thanks for coming back and giving us the happy ending to the story.

And BIG thanks to all who had a hand in making it happen! 

• Like 3

Fantastic.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, BCR Greg said:

Fantastic.

+1

• Like 2