Hamer Fan Club Message Center
Submariner85

PSA Hamer USA on Shopgoodwill.com

Hahahaha!.. this is the kind of posting that you keep to yourself... Now that you've posted it here, rest assure no one here's gonna get a good deal... that being said, thanks for posting 😆

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

Hahahaha!.. this is the kind of posting that you keep to yourself... Now that you've posted it here, rest assure no one here's gonna get a good deal... that being said, thanks for posting 😆

Exactly! Now we’re competing with the lurkers too.

Keep these posts in the Outer Circle LOL!

Edited by gtrdaddy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

We get good ones now and then.  Most of the guitars that get donated are First Act and Squiers.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, gtrdaddy said:

Right! $26 now.

More like $400 now 😢

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Submariner85 said:

We get good ones now and then.  Most of the guitars that get donated are First Act and Squiers.

That's either one generous dude or a divorce/death donation 

• Like 1

It'll be going up again shortly!  ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Punkavenger said:

Wisdom from the good ol' days   :)

My gosh,,, it seems like eons ago when I wrote that!

• Like 1

Strange how these things turn up, I was just looking at the Vintage-S in the '92 catalogue photos either yesterday or the day before and thinking that would be exactly the kind of strat-type guitar I'd love to own (or a Rosewood Daytona) as opposed to a Fender and as if by magic here one is for sale. Unfortunately my coffers are depleted right now and the relaxation of the CITES regs doesn't kick in for another month yet either.

14 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

That's either one generous dude or a divorce/death donation 

I wonder myself sometimes.  We have a ring listed online right now with an appraisal of $35000.  Crazy. Check it out. 
https://shopgoodwill.com/Item/78950713

• Like 1

Presently at $930, getting very close to fair market value from a shipper that has no idea what they are doing.  Good luck!

17 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Presently at $930, getting very close to fair market value from a shipper that has no idea what they are doing.  Good luck!

Yup I agree... estimated shipping cost is only $30 "from Michigan to Arizona" which is a little suspect in my opinion.. it might be a totally legit cool guitar but I'm wondering what the return policy is?.. Guitar might need a lot of work, frets and so on... Hell it might have a twisted neck... I know the return policy at my local Goodwill is credit, will you get $1,000 credit? :unsure: who the fuk wants a $1,000 credit from Goodwill?.. That's a hell of a lot of $2.99 t-shirts & 49 cent VHS tapes 😆

Edited by Dave Scepter
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

$1000 in a Goodwill Store? You'd own the place.

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Mr. Dave said:

Strange how these things turn up, I was just looking at the Vintage-S in the '92 catalogue photos either yesterday or the day before and thinking that would be exactly the kind of strat-type guitar I'd love to own (or a Rosewood Daytona) as opposed to a Fender and as if by magic here one is for sale. Unfortunately my coffers are depleted right now and the relaxation of the CITES regs doesn't kick in for another month yet either.

My recommendation to anyone that wants a strat style is to build one yourself out of Fender and Callaham parts readily available on Reverb and other internet locations.  You can chose the color, woods, neck, pickups ... it's like getting a custom shop guitar built to your specifications for (drum roll please) ... Not $4000 but $1100 and mine sounds fantastic. Plus, fun to build and you learn a lot about guitars. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Submariner85 said:

I wonder myself sometimes.  We have a ring listed online right now with an appraisal of $35000.  Crazy. Check it out. 
https://shopgoodwill.com/Item/78950713

I’m thinking that it was in the pocket of a jacket or maybe someone appreciated what they do and donated it    Not easy going thru your loved ones stuff.     Goodwill is awesome because they take pretty much everything.   

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Dave Scepter said:

Yup I agree... estimated shipping cost is only $30 "from Michigan to Arizona" which is a little suspect in my opinion.. it might be a totally legit cool guitar but I'm wondering what the return policy is?.. Guitar might need a lot of work, frets and so on... Hell it might have a twisted neck... I know the return policy at my local Goodwill is credit, will you get $1,000 credit? :unsure: who the fuk wants a $1,000 credit from Goodwill?.. That's a hell of a lot of $2.99 t-shirts & 49 cent VHS tapes 😆

You could call them and ask if it’s jacked up can I get a refund?

Their number is 231 722-7871 x 5050

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Submariner85 said:

You could call them and ask if it’s jacked up can I get a refund?

Their number is 231 722-7871 x 5050

Then you have talk to them.  I know they call this thing a phone, but who hell calls anyone anymore?  They should call it a text!