Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dave Mustaine Reverb Store

Saw that yesterday. Supposedly his treatment has been going very well. Could just be a new perspective. Cancer can make people think.  

Sadly some may find that comment a dig at Dime being buried with EVH's Yellow and Black guitar. Hope that was not his meaning. Dave is a rather sarcastic SOB so it could well be about himself after all.

1 hour ago, BTMN said:

Sadly some may find that comment a dig at Dime being buried with EVH's Yellow and Black guitar. Hope that was not his meaning. Dave is a rather sarcastic SOB so it could well be about himself after all.

I don't think it was. It's always the old "you can't take it with you" thing. For DD I think his Widow wanted a copy or something to throw in, as he idolized EVH. It was EVH who decided to show up with THE ORIGINAL.

Anyway, he used a more abstract "You see some of these guys, wanting to be buried with stuff. I don't wanna die. I wanna live forever" After the guitar one.  It's something you see EVERYWHERE.

For me, no. I don't want a guitar/trombone/etc in my coffin. I want those instruments out there, continuing to make music, or at the least trapped inside a case at one of my fellow GAS afflicted brethren's homes.

I’m being cremated. Ain’t no way I’m burning up one of my guitars with me. They need to be passed on and enjoyed by others for decades after my ashes are grown into a tree to be cut down and made into another guitar to complete the cycle...

10 hours ago, Travis said:

I’m being cremated. Ain’t no way I’m burning up one of my guitars with me. They need to be passed on and enjoyed by others for decades after my ashes are grown into a tree to be cut down and made into another guitar to complete the cycle...

Reincarnation

By Wallace McCrae

What is reincarnation, a cowboy asked his friend.
Why its something that happens when your life has reached its end.
They comb your hair and wash your neck and clean your fingernails,
And lay you in a padded box away from life's travails.

Now this box and you goes in a hole that's been dug into the ground.
And this here reincarnation starts once you're planted 'neath the mound.'
Now pretty soon the clods melt down along with the box and you who are inside,
and then your just beginning on your transformation ride.

And then one day some grass will grow upon rendered mound.
Until one day, on your moldered grave a little flower is found.

Then say by chance a horse should wander by and graze upon that flower,
That once was you and now has become your vegetative bower.

Now the posy that that horse done ate along with all the rest of his feed,
becomes fat and bone and muscle, essential to the steed.
But some is consumed that he can't use and so it finally passes on through,
And just lays there on the ground. This thing that once was you.

And then I see's this on the ground,
and I wonder and I ponder at this object that I found.
And I begin to think about reincarnation and life and death and such.
And I come away concluding old pal, You ain't changed that much!

It wasn’t a dig. He’s just being practical. Maybe more so given his bout with cancer. Some of you may recall he sold ALL of his Jacksons about 15 years ago or so when he damaged his arm and said he was done playing. That auction KILLED me, as that was a pile of absolutely iconic equipment and they went for $$$, so there was no way in hell I was going to have a chance. This auction doesn’t have me AS excited, as the Deans don’t have the same allure that the Jacksons did. I dunno. I’d still like one. Regardless, baby boomer cork sniffers will snag everything immediately. 

I understand all the guitars sold in less than 2 hours. I was not interested in any but I saw one I did play at the Dean factory. The Korina Zero #10/50 that was the second highest priced sale at $4250.

Archived