Hamer Fan Club Message Center

Dave Mustaine Reverb Store

On 10/31/2019 at 9:04 PM, tbonesullivan said:

For me, no. I don't want a guitar/trombone/etc in my coffin. I want those instruments out there, continuing to make music, or at the least trapped inside a case at one of my fellow GAS afflicted brethren's homes.

This. ^^^

When I was younger, I used to always say I wanted to be buried with a guitar (specifically, my '75 SG). Probably because I thought it sounded cool and showed how dedicated I was to the instrument.

But as I got older - and especially after I became a parent -  I realized that really wasn't that great of an idea. So no, I don't want any guitars in the box with me. They'll belong to my kids when I'm gone, and they can play them, keep them, hang them on the wall or sell them to cover my funeral costs. I'd just like to think that, like @tbonesullivan said, my guitars will continue to make music long after I'm not around to play them any more.

Unless we are talking Babe Ruth, most of these celebrity owned collectibles will decrease in value over time.  Dean Martin was loved by millions, but are there people clamoring for his stuff today, or has that ship sailed?  I am under no illusion my Steve Stevens collection will be worth more in twenty years than it is right now.   Who would be the buyers?  The once interest parties would be downsizing or going into a nursing home then.  

2 minutes ago, Studio Custom said:

Unless we are talking Babe Ruth, most of these celebrity owned collectibles will decrease in value over time.  Dean Martin was loved by millions, but are there people clamoring for his stuff today, or has that ship sailed?  I am under no illusion my Steve Stevens collection will be worth more in twenty years than it is right now.   Who would be the buyers?  The once interest parties would be downsizing or going into a nursing home then.  

Were there ever interested parties in a non-wig Steve Stevens collection?

I've got an Alto Trombone hand-picked at the factory by the former Principal Trombone of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Byron Peebles.

https://www.laphil.com/press/releases/1610

Cost me just a bit more than the usual used price for a horn in that condition and vintage. I was MUCH more enthusiastic about the fact that he had hand picked it out, and it's a good one.  Sure it's nice that someone famous and known used it, but it's something I USE, not something I worship.

46 minutes ago, tbonesullivan said:

I've got an Alto Trombone hand-picked at the factory by the former Principal Trombone of the Los Angeles Philharmonic, Byron Peebles.

Cost me just a bit more than the usual used price for a horn in that condition and vintage. I was MUCH more enthusiastic about the fact that he had hand picked it out, and it's a good one.  Sure it's nice that someone famous and known used it, but it's something I USE, not something I worship.

Get back to us when you procure a rusty trombone from someone famous.

4 hours ago, tbonesullivan said:

3 hours ago, MCChris said:

Get back to us when you procure a rusty trombone from someone famous.

I was actually in the store a few seconds after it opened and could have bought one.  I thought the prices were reasonable but realized I don't really follow Megadeth.  I would have rather bought another Hamer.  

Knowing this guy literally bought all, I would have snagged one but didn't really care that much.  I don't think they will rise in value, just like my dire predictions of most guitars once everyone currently in their 50s hit the nursing homes and unload their gear.  

Archived