Hamer Fan Club Message Center

NHD - 79 Sunburst

Sugartune

This was a strange coincidence. Yesterday being my first time back at HFC for a while, also the day that my local Long & McQuade sent me a photo of this guitar.

The owner bought it that day on a whim, didn’t really know much about it, but knew enough to buy it. 

Tried to trade or sell to Long & McQuade. They didn’t want to deal with it, they don’t know much about it. They did know that I liked Hamers, so sent me a pic and the guys number.

Ended up doing a straight trade for an ‘18 SG. I liked that one, but I can find SGs. I’ve never seen a Sunburst since seeing another kid back in high school rocking a black one. 

Is the strap button on the butt end always mounted offset to the top side, vs the middle like most guitars? 

Other than some knocks and dings, it’s looks, plays and sounds great!

Came with the case too. Pretty beat, but still functional and not smelly :)

So here we go...

D7B29221-7267-4111-8D17-8716C200DA85.jpeg

7B6DA078-3A6A-47E1-9FD2-0F1EA4FD94C5.jpeg

14 minutes ago, Dave Scepter said:

I love this photo of the best cuz it looks like it's staring out the window thinking "I'm finally home"

Ha, I like that. I think it’s actually thinking “shit, that windstorm last night really ripped off a lot of shingles, eh? Oh well, let’s rock!” ;) 

3099AFCB-9483-4E41-990D-74A8AB83479B.jpeg

0E20449B-0D22-49FA-A7AC-21C9BA9F71B0.jpeg

23 minutes ago, thoro said:

Congratulations!

Hey, looks like it was bought in a German store back in the days.

Indeed. The case has the sticker inside as well. Made it to Canada at some point, and I’m happy for that :)

Says “Reisser Musik - 79 Ulm/Donau, Hinterm Munster 

Archived