Hamer Fan Club Message Center

The Beatles Special goes home

tommy p

About a year and a half ago, Toadroller offered up for sale the black Special with the white Beatles graphic he had bought from Tom Terrific.  It was sort of a photo negative of Rick Nielsen's white Special with the black graphic.  Toad had one caveat: if TT wanted it back, he got first crack, but I mentioned that I was also interested.  We started a 3-way conversation about it and TT decided to pass, which allowed me to pick it up.  Toad was cool enough to pass it on to me for what he paid for it.  With the wraparound bridge it turned out to be a great playing guitar and I used it at a few gigs with my Cheap Trick tribute band.  It was cool to pick that one up to play Day Tripper!  I told TT I did not plan to keep it forever and would also give him first shot when I decided to let it go and last week it was time. 

I went back in my PMs and the exchange between Toadroller, TT, and myself was still there so I offered it back to TT.  This time, with no hesitation, he jumped on it and paid me what I paid Toadroller for it plus a little extra because shipping costs have increased.  What a great guy!  I dropped it off today and it is now on its way from Manakin, VA to Dayton, OH to be reunited with TT.

Just a little story about the coolness of the members of the HFC.  We've got such a great group here.

Here's a couple of pics of it in action from last weekend's gig:

IMG_1933.JPG

IMG_1935.JPG

I gotta give a huge yuuuge thanks to Mr. Toad and Tommy for making this all happen.  I couldn't be more thrilled to see it come back home!  Just as importantly, it got used in the way that it ought to be, with lotsa checkerboard involved.  Oh, Tommy, there's just one eensy problem... Now that it has been run through a big kid Mesa head and Marshall cab, I'm probably gonna get a lot of grief when it goes through Marshall, Vox and Fender combos.

BTW, you guys really have the look!

P.S.  HFC RoXoRz

I certainly enjoyed its stay with me. 

But even more fun was some of the conversations I had with TommyP and Tom Teriffic both coming and going.  Part of my childhood (and college years, go Flyers!) were in Terrific's hometown of Dayton, and were I not here in the woods of Maine, Dayton would be the place for me.  

3 hours ago, Toadroller said:

I certainly enjoyed its stay with me. 

But even more fun was some of the conversations I had with TommyP and Tom Teriffic both coming and going.  Part of my childhood (and college years, go Flyers!) were in Terrific's hometown of Dayton, and were I not here in the woods of Maine, Dayton would be the place for me.  

If you get back this way, give me a shout and we'll wind some stuff up and irritate somebody.

Archived